The online racing simulator
cache skins
(9 posts, started )
cache skins
Ok so i'm driving in my new skin i downloaded here and everyone tells me its not the same colour . So i go look on lfsw and find the skin i uploaded is now gold and brown not black and yellow .Looking at the skin on lfsw i actualy realise it looks way better than the skin i got here.
Question is can i get the skin from lfsw and if so how?

thanks sat
You can click on the "Download 512px / 1024px skins" link in LFS Desktop > My on-line car skins > "Uploaded skins collection:" tab. It'll download all the skins you uploaded as 1024px .jpg files.
The thing is the skin i see in gold is not a skin i uploaded .
Its kinda wierd i uploaded black and now it is asking me to overright a gold one lol.
When i download them that skin isnt there its like its a skin on the main lfsw cache or something or someone els uploaded it with the same name mine is.
If I understood you correctly you're trying to upload the black skin; but LFSW won't let you upload it and shows you the gold skin (saying a skin with the same name is already in use).

Best would be the rename your skin (give it a unique name - i.e. VWS_FSP_satellite_1.jpg) and then upload it.

Rename the "black" skin that you have in your lfs/data/skins folder to the name that you uploaded with (i.e. VWS_FSP_satellite_1.jpg).

Now when you go to pits, set the car, click on new colors and then select the renamed-skin from the list, i.e. FSP_satellite_1 and use it. When you leave pits, others will see the skin you just uploaded to LFSW.

It sounds a bit complicated because of the skin renaming thing, but basically all you have to do is give the skin a unique name and then upload it.
Your right that part i understand .
But what i want is the gold skin thats already on lfsw its way better than the one i have.I have looked in the skins here but cant find it so i was wanting to know if i could download it from lfsw.
What's the name of the skin file that you tried to upload?
XRG_Firebird.jpg is the one i want its a gold firebird i already have the black one.
I just got it !
Ok i went to upload the black skin (the one i didnt want) and i asked me to update and showed me the gold skin (the one i want) so all i did was right click on the one in lfsw and downloaded it .
Sweet.
thanks for all the help.
Now all i have to do is repaint it so it looks all smashed up and no one will know when i crash every lap lmao.

cache skins
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG