The online racing simulator
A pure JavaScript InSim Application?
It seems that this is now possible with the new WebSockets API object, and use of JavaScript Typed Arrays. We should be able to send Binary over the wire to say ... Connect to InSim. I'm interested to see where this could go, it could offer a live view of any game that can't be matched by any server side option.
Consider this C structure:

struct someStruct {
unsigned long id;
char username[16];
float amountDue;
};

You can access a buffer containing data in this format like this:

var buffer = new ArrayBuffer(24);
// ... read the data into the buffer ...
var idView = new Uint32Array(buffer, 0, 1);
var usernameView = new Uint8Array(buffer, 4, 16);
var amountDueView = new Float32Array(buffer, 20, 1);

In the case of say, the ISP_TINY packet, that looks like this:
struct ISP_TINY {
byte Size = 4;
byte Type = ISP_TINY;
byte SubT = NULL;
byte ReqI = NULL;
};

var Packet = new ArrayBuffer(256);
var Size = new UInt8Array(Packet, 0, 1);
var Type = new UInt8Array(Packet, 1, 1);
var SubT = new UInt8Array(Packet, 2, 1);
var ReqI = new UInt8Array(Packet, 3, 1);

We have to remember about max. 8 InSim/server. So it have to connect to relay
Yeah, but it might be interesting for like a web client ... Even if the max concurrent is 8, it still would be pretty cool to see. I don't really see there being more then 8 admins on a server at a time anyway.
Have thought about it a few times. Specially in the context of nodejs, rather than web browser based though. However architected right the same library could be used anywhere javascript runs.

Regardless https://github.com/pgriess/node-jspack might be interesting if someone is considering taking this somewhere and is familiar with perl/php's pack/unpack.

I've got a couple of other bits and bobs that I'd squirreled away as notes, but I cannot seem to lay my hands on them right this second
Quote from the_angry_angel :Regardless https://github.com/pgriess/node-jspack might be interesting if someone is considering taking this somewhere and is familiar with perl/php's pack/unpack.

That's funny you should say that, because I was thinking that if I made a php like pack, unpack function for JavaScript that I would be able to do this quite easily. Now that it's right in front of me, it's kinda hard to say no to this.

Quote from the_angry_angel :I've got a couple of other bits and bobs that I'd squirreled away as notes, but I cannot seem to lay my hands on them right this second

Any notes would be appreciated.
ah well js... it's stupid and cool at the same time

i have some "get car infos info from prism and display cars on map" code lying around (the one on github is outdated) f someone wants to give it a try... i also have som multithreading example code which i could provide ^^
Yeah, just send them my way, I'll take a look.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG