The online racing simulator
Assign axis to look functions doesn't work
I've tried to set some axis of my controller (a PSX pad) to view functions but they don't work. All axis work ok if I put them as throttle, break, clutch and handbrake.

I've already set Look function to axis in View menu.

Thanks in advance
Works for me. Did you assign the axis you want to use to Look Pitch?
I've tried Look Heading, Look Pitch and Look Roll with same results. If I put any mouse axis it doesn't work too. I've also tried installing 0.5Y in other folder with same results.

Can you tell me how did you configure it?
Is it actually a PSX pad or a PSX style pad? Some of the PSX style pads disable some axes when changing between analog mode and digital mode.
Perhaps try setting view look whatever in the view menu. Set it to axis instead of button. Hope this works for you.
I seem to have the same problem. I have the view setting set to axis (it works correctly if set to mouse or steer). The heading/ pitch/ yaw are set to use axis and those same axis work when assigned to other functions. I'm using "Live for Speed S2 0.5V ALPHA", according to the readme. I'll try seeing if a fresh install will help.
Using a new version might help, too. We're already at 0.6B
I upgraded to S2 0.6B but the problem remains. Here are some screen captures of my controls:

This one is like the previous except it shows axis 5, 6, 7 and 8 are changing values:
http://i114.photobucket.com/al ... owie0wl/lfs_control_1.jpg

I attempted the view change on a single player track and rebooted the game to make sure control changes had registered (I checked that the settings were still in place). I shouldn't have said I had the same problem as the OP because I see now his mouse axis were not working but the mouse views (and steering) work for me. Am I missing something?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG