The online racing simulator
Skidsounds sourced from NFSU
(13 posts, started )
I played around with Audacity and the different files in the NFSU1 directory and found out that you can import the skidsounds (and some more) as uncompressed raw data. Since I quite like them I made skidsounds for LFS out of it.

edit: New zip, contains all skidsounds and new SkidRoadHeavy

Feel free to comment, and to admins, if its not ok to use content from other games please tell me
Attached files
Skidsounds.zip - 933.7 KB - 1684 views
Quote from ACCAkut :I played around with Audacity and the different files in the NFSU1 directory and found out that you can import the skidsounds (and some more) as uncompressed raw data. Since I quite like them I remade made skidsounds for LFS out of it.

Feel free to comment, and to admins, if its not ok to use content from other games please tell me

Is it possible for you to make a preview vid of the sounds?
listen to this, its a rather flamboyant drive round one of LFS' shorter tracks (can you hear which it is? )
Attached files
XFG Hooning.mp3 - 1.9 MB - 1188 views
Quote from ACCAkut :listen to this, its a rather flamboyant drive round one of LFS' shorter tracks (can you hear which it is? )

One of the SO?
Quite frankly, those sound really nice! Top work, will download sir. Thank you!
Quote from xfirestorm :One of the SO?

no, its more a military track

btw. 70 downloads, and one comment? Come on
I've been wondering here, what are the settings exactly used to to extract the sounds? Could it work for Underground 2 or any other NFS game?
I think I imported it as raw data, with the standard settings (PCM 16-bit etc), then you get all sounds back to back in a single mono track. I splitted it up, did a bit of reversing, equalizer and overlaying with it, but nit much more.

In NFSU1 its the .abk files, but not all work, most will just create noise
mmm yes very nice my good man, ill take them
hey i tried those .abk sounds from underground 2 and they're not working, just making that sssttt or prrrwt sound.., to bad, those skids and turbo/gearbox sounds are quite cool. im using Goldwave v5.5 maybe thats the problem?

E: i found an option in my program called: ''Noise Reduction'' and i got the skid sound very clear (with an stupid echo) but i got it! I'll upload it when it is finished
These are very good!! I love them!
Great work, but I prefer the original sounds. The light skid sound doesnt blend into the heavier skid sound very well and as a result that makes it sound like an arcade game rather than a sim
yeah, the heavy skid sound is not from NFS (must have downloaded it here once), I found none in that file that fit really well, so just adjusted the volume and left it like it was. I may try to use some sounds from NFSU2, I'm back at home (where my 5.1 and my DFGT is), so should be able to test a lot better than with my arcady gamepad

edit: sooo, I completely remade the SkidRoadHeavyMajor.wav. It has the HeavyMinor mixed in which makes the transition between both "skid stages" quite good, its not as harsh as before. Have fun testing

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG