The online racing simulator
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
(219 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :whats wrong with the control?

Steering lag of maybe 1 second. That's wrong.
Quote from ATHome :Steering lag of maybe 1 second. That's wrong.

that's been patched.
Quote from JJ72 :that's been patched.

Not only that, feels extremely weird, unplayable for me, seriously... And is not because is not real, is just weird. And the physics are not arcadish, they're just invented.
One more thing is that even Crysis 2 runs at higher frame rate in my laptop.
Is it me only but i find newer games getting more dull by every day...Graphics are awesome yea, all those effects, blur, lightning...etc... but the game itself feels completely empty somehow, in lfs i have a feeling like every track and car has been carefully hand-crafted. Whenever i launch shift 2 i close it after half an hour (oh well...perhaps i'm just getting too old for this s***t).
After reading what the SMS developers posted over on gamesindustry.biz, I'm reinforced that most people's hate here is based on it being not LFS and being an EA game, rather actual judgement.

Granted, it doesn't help that every car's default settings are crap (tire pressures too high, suspension way too soft), but the physics aren't as bad and "invented" as you guys are trying to make them out to be.

Quote :Doug Arnao: The physics model is a full 3D scope engine capable of creating the car dynamics based on parameters taken from the specs of the real-life car - those provided by manufacturers directly and those provided from extensive research. Chassis, suspension, aerodynamics and tyres all generate their forces in 3D in real time. We run these models and recalculate the car state at 400 times per second which makes for a very convincing experience as nothing is left to guesswork.

The chassis model in itself is pretty extensive (approximately 150 parameters). Basics include weight and CG heights and positions and we model the weight and inertia of the sprung and un-sprung masses separately along with spin inertias of the un-sprung items (wheels, brake discs etc). There are 3D suspension geometry parameters for all inner/outer points of a double wishbone along with the tie-rod and damper placements.

The dampers themselves have slow and fast parameters (n/mm/sec) with adjustable switchover points and bump stops with their own stiffness settings. Differentials are the standard 'Salisbury' type with accel/deccel lock settings and visco electronic diffs are also modelled along with inputs for spring rate. Brake torque and brake heating are monitored on a per wheel basis in order to get the heating right for brake pad fade and disc glows.

The tyre model is based on the 'brush model' slip curve generation. Core parameters here include: cornering/braking/self-aligning stiffness, load and camber sensitivities, heating parameters, rolling resistance and base grip of the rubber in longitudinal/lateral directions. The tyre model therefore is class leading (if not the best) in the sim industry.

Finally, the engine model uses a standard rpm/torque curve lookup in 250rpm increments. Some parameters are: rotating inertia, accel friction drag, deccel drag, heating. Turbos are modelled as separate components with their own separate physics and can be bolted on to directly effect it as in the real world.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/a ... he-bonnect-shift-2-part-1
Quote from -NightFly- :Is it me only but i find newer games getting more dull by every day...Graphics are awesome yea, all those effects, blur, lightning...etc... but the game itself feels completely empty somehow, in lfs i have a feeling like every track and car has been carefully hand-crafted. Whenever i launch shift 2 i close it after half an hour (oh well...perhaps i'm just getting too old for this s***t).

LFS's car models feel like carefully handcrafted?

We are just out growing our games, I feel that too.
Steering lag ruins the game. I liked it a lot but sadly it is a pain even to keep the cars on the straight line. Tha patch doesnt do any good nor tweaking the things... It is just a self-ruined game. I wont buy any game without trying the demo first.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
When you go to save the setup press the enter button on the circuit you are driving (there should be a tick on the right side on the screen when you press enter) on then press shift to save.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I notice a difference with ride height and downforce, but I can switch the camber completely opposite directions and nothing happens!
how can you guys drive with that much steering lag?
lmfao i don't. Just downloaded a save game and make car liveries at this point until it's fully fixed and or i get a new wheel. Drifting is abysmal on kb but is fun racing for a awhile.
bought it today and don't know what to say about it, looks good and has lot to play and some good circuits to drive but the handling... it's just a disappointment comparing to LFS and DiRT 3 for example. but i don't regret bying it.
Anyone tried the new DLC? Speedhunters and legends pack, couple of classic cars etc. Free download (via EA Download Manager). about to try it out now.
Yeah I have. Dragging is a bit easy and boring IMO. Almost won all drag races when the game decided to crash halfway the very last run.
downloaded it, does its batch install thingy, but nothing new in the game? Am I missing something?
Quote from robt :downloaded it, does its batch install thingy, but nothing new in the game? Am I missing something?

You sure you got the legal version? Some friends of me had the same with an illegal version.
Quote from ZORER :how can you guys drive with that much steering lag?

Do not use the incar view, you'll get used to hood view pretty soon . Lag is pretty unbearable yes.

NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG