The online racing simulator
Dell E151FP screen problem
(10 posts, started )
Hey guys I seem to have a major problem with my old Dell E151FP which came with my first desktop. It seems to be growing crystals that is spreading across the screen and it is getting worse. I haven't been using it much ever since I had my laptop and it happened over the long period of inactivity. Help much? Thanks.

HERE is the picture of what it looks like.
Looks like mould to me. From little/no use, in a cold damp room maybe over time condensation/air moisture got in there.

You probably have to disassemble the layers to clean it out. It might be forever ruined I'd say.
whoa, i've never seen anything like that before... :eye-poppi
Quote from JasonJ :Looks like mould to me. From little/no use, in a cold damp room maybe over time condensation/air moisture got in there.

You probably have to disassemble the layers to clean it out. It might be forever ruined I'd say.

Would it go away (if any at all) if I'd to turn it on for long hours? I don't think I intend to open it up.
This really looks like some kind of fungus living under the front plate. I doubt it's just a moisture, the structure is too regular and "organic" for that. I'm afraid that even taking the screen apart would be problematic, not to mention that the polarization filter might be damaged too... I think you need a new display.
Quote from MadCatX :This really looks like some kind of fungus living under the front plate. I doubt it's just a moisture, the structure is too regular and "organic" for that. I'm afraid that even taking the screen apart would be problematic, not to mention that the polarization filter might be damaged too... I think you need a new display.

Okay thanks for enlightening me. Nonetheless I'm getting a new LED display when I get the money so I can live with that for now. Seldom use it anyway.
#7 - Davo
Is that for real or a desktop wallpaper? it looks really weird as said before me like a mould.
That is real. I only have a black background as the wallpaper. Eerily looks like a growing crystal.
Quote from hiroshima guy :That is real. I only have a black background as the wallpaper. Eerily looks like a growing crystal.

Worlds slowest screensaver animation....

Quote from hiroshima guy :Would it go away (if any at all) if I'd to turn it on for long hours? I don't think I intend to open it up.

No it wont go away, even if you kill the mould. Turning it on may dry up the moisture, removing the mould's ability to survive, but the dead mould will still stay there in that pattern. You're lucky it was only an old 15 inch monitor.

[OT] You can kill shoe odor caused by bacteria by putting the shoes in a sealed bag and freezing it overnight. The bacteria dies and the smell goes away. [/OT]
Quote from JasonJ :
[OT] You can kill shoe odor caused by bacteria by putting the shoes in a sealed bag and freezing it overnight. The bacteria dies and the smell goes away. [/OT]

Lol thanks for the quick tip.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG