The online racing simulator
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC (Good for gaming?)
I got a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC and have experienced a lot of lag. It's a relative expensive PC which I think should run even WoW on the highest graphics, but it doesn't..

-------------------Specs---------------------
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
4096MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Integrated RAMDAC

Well that's taken right out from dxdiag. If there's something more I'll have to provide just tell me.

I got better specs than other computers I've checked and they run at least wow smoothly, so something is terrible wrong, not even Minecraft runs without lag on my computer.
I came across this particular model last year when I was hunting for a laptop. This was one of my candidate but I gave it up because of its high price and the quad-core processor. I reckoned it'd use a lot of battery so I settled for a Core i5 ASUS (cheapest among the bunch). Anyway the GFX only supports DX10.1 and Shader 4.1 (just like mine) and the core speed is only at 500MHz. I don't think it'll be very quick from that spec at the first glance, though your processor is good.

Other thing though, why didn't you get one with a Sandy Bridge processor? 1st-gen are already obsolete, unfortunately. Expensive doesn't mean much in IT-related context.
Y U Not Afford S2?
#4 - Jakg
Quote from hiroshima guy :Other thing though, why didn't you get one with a Sandy Bridge processor? 1st-gen are already obsolete, unfortunately. Expensive doesn't mean much in IT-related context.

An i7 based laptop isn't "obsolete" - sure, it's been replaced, but in tech terms everything is replaced within a few months. The i7 is still a phenomally fast CPU.

The GPU in the laptop isn't that great though.
Make sure your laptop isn't on the power saving setting, because this can significantly reduce performance.

On my last laptop (which overheated many times and died ), I wondered why my FPS in LFS and other games had suddenly dropped to unplayable levels. The problem was of course the power settings... changed it back to High Performance and it worked fine.

This might not be your problem, but it's worth checking.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG