The online racing simulator
noob question-how do i get custom skins ingame?
ok i want to no how to get custom car skins ingame. i want to have it so everyone can see it. i have tried replacing it with an original car skin but it doesnt show up to anyone. thanx
go to garage, go to color choices on left of screen, hit new, make up a name, then on bottom list things, go to color, and on very bottom it will say skin; choose the skin in your skins folder that you want to use, then whenever you want to use that skin again, just click on the name you made it on the color choice on left side
XC, did you read his post? lol

As you are a demo racer, no one will see you skin online unless they have the same skin with the same name installed on their end. Auto Skin Downloading is only available for those holding an S2 license and are on an S2 server.
my bad, i just saw skins and how to use them

title throws it off

ya.. demo users dont have access to downloading skins without.. being sent them

my bad :doh:
ok thanks. im hoping to get s2 soon so ill do it then.
#6 - Gunn
Until you get S2 licensed, just email your skin to all of your racing buddies.
i was just playing and i thought ill check if i could upload it ingame. well i can! it says at the bottom of colours 'xrt' and 'skin name' i click it click my texture and it goes on the car! thanx for the help everyone!
#8 - joen
Yes, demo racers can use skins and they show up in the game but others still won't see it though.
Skins need to be uploaded to a central server to be visibile to others, and that's S2 only
Well, thats not really "uploaded". The skin is in your skins folder, so you can chose it in-game. But only you can see it. Unless you sent it to them, nobody else will see your skin.
Say I choose the default skin design, then find colours I like, how do I then save / output that skin to the skins folder? I'm sure it's simple, but I can't see how.
#11 - Gunn
Quote from dontsimon :Say I choose the default skin design, then find colours I like, how do I then save / output that skin to the skins folder? I'm sure it's simple, but I can't see how.

You have to save a custom skin as a JPG file using the right file name prefix. Try this basic tutorial.
Thanks Gunn

I understand that skins can be saved in that manner, but I wondered if I can output the skin from LFS, after I have used the colour choices within LFS to give me a plain skin (using the default skin) in the colour I like.

I don't have the capability to paint a default skin from scratch. I want to set the colour I want from within LFS, output it, then add some simple designs on top from within Paint (the only software I have, but sufficiant for these needs)

Is this possible?
no
#14 - joen
Quote from dontsimon :Thanks Gunn

I understand that skins can be saved in that manner, but I wondered if I can output the skin from LFS, after I have used the colour choices within LFS to give me a plain skin (using the default skin) in the colour I like.

I don't have the capability to paint a default skin from scratch. I want to set the colour I want from within LFS, output it, then add some simple designs on top from within Paint (the only software I have, but sufficiant for these needs)

Is this possible?

I don't think that's possible.
I think you'll make your skinning a lot easier if you would try another image editing program. Sure, if you just want to make some simple skins then something like photoshop is pure overkill, but the ability to work with layers is really a minimal requirement imo.

Maybe you can try out something like this: http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/
That's still a pretty simple editing program, it's free, it looks similar to paint so the switch won't be big Downside to it is that it requires the .net framework.
There's always GIMP, but that switch will take more getting used to and it's overkill too for what you want to do with it.

But with apps like this you can just load the default skin, put some logo's on a second layer, and after that fill the default skin layer with whatever color you like. Want another colour, just change it again and you're done
Okay thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG