The online racing simulator
39. ADAC Zurich 24h Nürburgring 2011

well, and again one year went past. Another Nürbrugring 24, this time just after Le Mans.

More than 210 teams signed up for qualifying, so about 200 should see the green flag on Saturday.
  • The starter list is up here! Contains a horde of GT3 machinery, BMWs and Porsches, custom build race cars for classes SP3 to SP8 (like two RS4s sporting the RS6+ biturbo V8, look for Götz Motorsport, or the Lexus LFAs, the V12 Zagatos, and of cause the staggering Ferrari P4/5 Competizione)

• TV coverage is presented by german station Sport1, if you can receive it here are the times

• Radio Lemans should do 24h coverage too iirc, and I would keep an eye on Speedhunters, it seems like they do more coverage this year
    Quote from spedhunters.com :Over the next few days, the Speedhunters team will be kicking off a big event production at the Nurburgring 24 hours. You'll be treated to extensive behind the scenes stories, galleries, live facebook updates, event reports and the like. I have every confidence in the world that we'll be able to take you into the heard of the Nurburgring 24Hs with some fantastic imagery and reporting

if you find more stuff around this race, like timings or streams, feel free to post
The combination of Radio LeMans and the official WIGE livestream http://adac.24h-rennen.de/ is the best, to be honest. Anyways, should be again a great weekend for motorsports at the good old Nürburgring Nordschleife!
#4 - Vain
Can't wait.
This year it looks like it's going to be a stunning race.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Can't wait.
This year it looks like it's going to be a stunning race.

Vain

Can't agree more... over 70 cars are in the top classes and are able to run for the overall win. So one third of the grid is practically able to win it...
How good is the TV coverage expected to be? I mean, do they manage to pull something decent despite the enormous track lenght? I assume there are still some big-ish sections with no cameras, right?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :How good is the TV coverage expected to be? I mean, do they manage to pull something decent despite the enormous track lenght? I assume there are still some big-ish sections with no cameras, right?

The coverage is spoiled by retard commentators but if you mute that everything works out fine , anyway they say its 27 hours of total coverage which doesn't sount that bad. The entire track is covered by cameras.

24h Nürburgring - This year as a spectator, next year hopefully as a driver

The Schedule for TV coverage is here: http://adac.24h-rennen.de/uplo ... t1_24h-Rennen_2011_01.pdf

There will also be streams and stuff, so just check the posts above and the website in the next days.
Quote from baSh0r :The coverage is spoiled by retard commentators but if you mute that everything works out fine ....

Or, as TFalke55 said, listen to Radio Le Mans... that's what I'll be doing anyway
If you're not in a tent or somewhere at the track, this is the only possibility left
The way I read it the "official" stream will be just a camera showing the pits with Ring Radio audio, like last year, when no TV coverage is running at the same time (which will then be broadcasted).

But the sportauto website talks about interviews, onboards and generally more stuff in their stream. We will see. This evening there will be some 3 hour TV broadcast just for one of the free practices (and that Porsche Supercup thing)
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :How good is the TV coverage expected to be? I mean, do they manage to pull something decent despite the enormous track lenght? I assume there are still some big-ish sections with no cameras, right?

most parts are covered by TV cams. Some parts, however are only covered by Heli cams looping around those places and, of course, on board shots. If I remember correctly the one area was between Ex-Mühle and Klostertal (I think so because I cannot remember a TV-camera at Lauda's corner in the recent years), the other was between Brünnchen and Pflanzgarten.

Quote from ACCAkut :The way I read it the "official" stream will be just a camera showing the pits with Ring Radio audio, like last year, when no TV coverage is running at the same time (which will then be broadcasted).

But the sportauto website talks about interviews, onboards and generally more stuff in their stream. We will see. This evening there will be some 3 hour TV broadcast just for one of the free practices (and that Porsche Supercup thing)

Yeah that's probbably gonna happen again. WIGE mainly produces the pictures for Sport 1 and Sport 1+. Every other broadcaster/streamer can order either the same package, or other produced material. During those times where only that stationary camera at the Castrol-S is on air, I'd suggest you to follow the GPS thingy, mentioned in the OP's first reply. Similar to the VLN races where its DVB-T channel mostly shows pictures of the Grand Prix track.

EDIT: However, Sport 1 also only buys the feed from WIGE and cannot influence what is shown.
Anyone from LFS racing there?
Marius Golombeck is AFAIK. Perhaps also Chriskart is going to be back too, not sure about it.
up to now I'd say the broadcast and commentary is quite good. They answer a lot of fan questions 24h@sport1.de and just atm, since the track is quite empty, they do shut up when a nice sounding car bellows past the camera.

and they try not to focus only on the top runners
What time is the start tomorrow? 15:00? (UK)
14:00 UTC
15:00 BST (Britain)
16:00 CEST (UTC 2+, Germany))
Yep, thanks.
Quote from ACCAkut :up to now I'd say the broadcast and commentary is quite good. They answer a lot of fan questions 24h@sport1.de and just atm, since the track is quite empty, they do shut up when a nice sounding car bellows past the camera.

and they try not to focus only on the top runners

It helps that it isn't Edgar Milke commentating. Peter Kohl makes a better job for my taste. But wasn't it 24h-Rennen@sport1.de ? I sent an eMail to that adresse asking why Stuck³ are running under Austrian flag
He does not... at all. You can literally notice that they have got no idea of whatsoever at all.
Quote from baSh0r :He does not... at all. You can literally notice that they have got no idea of whatsoever at all.

But Milke's commentary last year was awfull.

EDIT: actually there is no good commentator at Sport 1 for motorsports. MotoGP is ok, because Alex Hofmann is co-commentating.
Just like the one now. They have improved from aweful to terrible
I can't find any live streams! (is anyone even streaming yet?)

39. ADAC Zurich 24h Nürburgring 2011
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG