The online racing simulator
How to record LFS in semi-HD atleast?
(25 posts, started )
Fraps sucks, I never get a decent record on it for years. Always shit

any better solution then running LFS in wine to play the replay on my mac and use the good performing QT screen record?

thanks
#2 - Myffe
Quote from cmanns :Fraps sucks, I never get a decent record on it for years. Always shit

Learn to use it
You should EASILY be able to record in Fraps at 1920x1080, assuming your monitor supports that resolution, although you may need to slow the replay down a bit.
Really?

I always get too much HDD lag and the video quality is cruddy. I've tried half size, full, without audio, etc.

I've also tried on computers since fraps was born, fraps always ran pretty dinky to me....

I can't believe thats the only recording app for windows. OS X screen records so lagless, I can play source games and record and it doens't lag a bit. Fraps on HL2 would give me like 5fps
It's a bit more advanced but you can try LFSRecord, it actually captures screenshots so it's full quality without lagging.
Quote from cmanns :Fraps sucks, I never get a decent record on it for years. Always shit

any better solution then running LFS in wine to play the replay on my mac and use the good performing QT screen record?

thanks

At least try to read this tutorial :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53389
Then say that fraps is ^%(*& and something else. It works good for me
Start LFS in 16-Bit Mode. Fraps doesn't support 32 Bit.
If this not helping, your PC System is probably too low.
Quote from boothy ::dunce: Don't talk shit.

I think he meant fraps doesn't support 32-bit specially in LFS. I had this problem as well, but it's happening only with LFS. Unless you start in 16-bit, it won't work. Other games/apps work just fine.
Quote from boothy ::dunce: Don't talk shit.

lol.
As I know recordings done it 16Bit mode of LFS, it should be lagless then. Dunno if it works fine in other games.
works for meh in 32
Quote from FireMike15 :lol.
As I know recordings done it 16Bit mode of LFS, it should be lagless then. Dunno if it works fine in other games.

32 bit recording is perfectly lagless on LFS too, even on full HD.
As long as you're computer isn't a stock Dell with LED LIGHTZZ it should record at decent FPS.

All else fails, look at Derbis1990's post.
As I remembered this problem was of the Bit Mode. But I think it's a kind of the PC System maybe. Nevertheless, sorry for my wrong suggestion!
I´m wondering if my sata II hard drives are too slow.
Will some raid 0 or ssd fix this issue, I wonder.
Anyone able to fraps 32bit,1080p,50 FPS ?
Replay speed doesn´t matter too much.
Trolol.. Fraps and 32 bit LFS have always worked, and will. At least for me.
In my experience with a 64-bit processor, a 32-bit Windows and a 32-bit Fraps, LFS' performance has been relatively abysmal to other DX games while recording with identical Fraps settings and resolution, and similar in-game settings.
#18 Same I feel here.

#17 Well... how to do. Give us some more info, instead of your trololol...
i cant record fluidly in 32-bit mode either.

But dont tell me my PC is too low with a 2.6Gig Quad-Core, 6Gigs of RAM and a NVIDIA GTX260+ for graphics.
Well... 2.6GHz is not something that would make Fraps have an orgasm.
Quote from Kristi :Well... 2.6GHz is not something that would make Fraps have an orgasm.

It's enough.
well doesnt LFS only use one core anyways? so wouldnt matter if its quad (or so I have heard)
i could never record with fraps 32 bit. i got i7 at 4ghz 8 gig ddr3 16000 and gts 250 oc dotnt tell me this cant handle it. i dont even know how my gf got decent vids
i went trhu so many settings...
Did a little research and testing during the past days.

Found the IMO better and FREE program:

MSI Afterburner Beta 5 with included video capture feature.
Beta version, as it records sound, official version can´t do that.
Not sure it will work on your system, still - give it a try.
My graphics card isn´t a MSI eighter.

Here a short movie clip with FPS visible while recording:
Raw: Avi (Mjpeg compression) 1080p@60fps. Final: Mpeg-2 1080p@30 FPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgPnzXhAY_U (.mpeg2@30fps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAlx8lYLZU (.avi@60fps)

Sidenote:

A new Fraps version has just been released, and NOT using a different physical hard drives then LFS and Win 7 is installed, gave me some better results. Not much , still..
You should test on which hard drive to record, using fraps.

Still, I don´t think I´m going to use fraps again.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG