The online racing simulator
Cloning hard drive
(6 posts, started )
Cloning hard drive
Hey guys I'm trying to clone my hard drive (currently 320GB) to another larger drive (500GB SATA2) hooked up in an external enclosure (USB 2.0). I'm using XXClone to do this job. I know XXClone doesn't have support for W7 but I'm sure the W7 Repair Disk can solve the bootloader problem once it's done. The thing I'm curious is, my 140GB clone is gonna take me more than 11 hours to copy over. But others have 120GB done in 2 hours. Why is it so slow in my case?
#2 - CSU1
...just open the ext. USB enclosure and remove the 500gb hdd and connect it diect to the SATA cable inside the PC - no need to clone.

Use the 320GB as your OS drive and the 500GB for your files/games/pics whatever
No, no, I am using a laptop (without eSATA port) so it has only one SATA slot for the internal mounted HDD. I wanted to clone it over to the 500GB so that I have a free 320GB to try out my Hackintosh installation. I'm puzzled by the appalling slow transfer.
I'd use Acronis True Image if I were you. It's very fast and supports Windows 7 out of the box.
i've never heard of xxclone, but could it be possible that it's only using USB1 transfer speeds?
I did try Acronis at first but it didn't allow me to make it bootable so I jumped ship. I'm pretty sure xxclone supports USB 2.0 since many others have used the same interface to clone.

Cloning hard drive
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG