The online racing simulator
Hazard Perception test
(56 posts, started )
Quote from Shotglass :i know it probably means brake but when i first saw "remmen" i read it as "rammen" which would be awesome if they gave you that option

To be honest the Hazard Perception test is pretty pointless. When you are driving you have to consider everything as a potential hazard. I suppose the test is to catch those out who would otherwise ignore hazards.
In Brazil, we don't have this test at all.

We just have to draw some random lines and curves with both hands (one at a time) on some paper while some woman who's giving you these tests put something in front of your eyes so you can't see what you're drawing.

I don't know how you could fail. Maybe if you miss the paper it means you don't have enough coordination to drive a car? The paper is pretty huge, larger than 2 A4 sheets.

They say this test is useful to find out if you can keep driving on the road even after 10 seconds or so of blindness or if you'll crash the car.

There are also other tests such as finding the correct order of numbers and marking them on paper, and matching some different types of triangles. All that while sitting in some kind of class room with paper and pencil.
Quote from Luke.S :To be honest the Hazard Perception test is pretty pointless. When you are driving you have to consider everything as a potential hazard. I suppose the test is to catch those out who would otherwise ignore hazards.

I agree.

When I did my bike test theory (basically the same questions, and - no joke - THE SAME VIDEOS, NOT BIKE SPECIFIC JUST IN CARS), I got like 63/72 on the H.P and about 48/50 on the questions.

After 2 years of being on a bike everyday (so being exposed to hazards daily), I only JUST scraped by with a like 43/72 and even had one clip cancelled for clicking too much.

It's a joke, tbh take the whole theory bit out. Sure I couldn't tell what lane I'm in on a motorway if it was pitch black and all i could see where reflecting cats eyes but hell, I can see a hazard and more importantly react appropriately.
Damn I'm glad that in my country I don't have to do this much shit to pass a driving licence test. Only 1 teoretical test (You have to get 50points from 55), and a 15 minute ride in the city with a cop sitting in your car.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Damn I'm glad that in my country I don't have to do this much shit to pass a driving licence test. Only 1 teoretical test (You have to get 50points from 55), and a 15 minute ride in the city with a cop sitting in your car.

Well that's the wrong way to look at it. If you don't have to do much to get a licence, then neither does anyone else. The driver's licence is supposed to certify your driving ability, so that everyone in possession of it can generally be trusted to behave correctly in traffic.
As long as it makes sense, the tests should be as complex and tough as they can be.

Hazard Perception test
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG