The online racing simulator
Quote from Dennis93 :
you have to use the clutch for upshift/downshift/getting out of the pits

Just for getting out of the pits actually.. Gear changes are done without.
Quote from hyntty :Just for getting out of the pits actually.. Gear changes are done without.

Yes, but it's best on the motor to use it. Not required though.
I'd be suprised on how many current F1 drivers right-foot brake at all in anything that's not a road car.
-
(Drift King CZ) DELETED by Drift King CZ
add afros and handle bar mustaches. then it's even cheesier. baw chica wow wow.
Quote from hyntty :1) Everything.

2) You're, like every other redneck, exaggerating the skill it takes to have an afternoon's cruise in a racecar from the stone age. Granted that racing one is difficult but this hardly qualifies. There is no reason what so ever for either driver to drive really on the edge. The difference is that an F1 car can not be driven slowly, otherwise you would crash because of not having any mechanical or aerodynamical grip. Both of which are considered witchcraft in most nascar teams.

3) All Americans are.

))))))))))))))))) ur my new personal hero
Quote from Dennis93 :For sure, but since when was right foot braking EVER anything he had to do? and H-shifter? afaik he has never driven a formula car with H-shifter, thus left foot braking.

Okay sure you need a great fitness condition to drive a formula 1 car at a competitive level i totally agree, but you have paddle shift a clutch that kicks in automatically, where as in Nascar, you have to use the clutch for upshift/downshift/getting out of the pits, and the power band in a nascar is something that you should never ever joke around with, these cars will do full on burn outs in 4th gear if you dare to, and there is no downforce so the faster you go the lesser grip you have.

And since the car has the same ammount of torgue and weight as the atlantic cruiser ships i believe Lewis is gonna have a harder time than Tony, no doubt.

Lewis is one of my favourite drivers in formula 1, even my dad used to be mechanic on his Go-Kart back in the days.
No need to tell me what's what

As a recall(atleast on road course) most of the nascar drivers don't use the clutch to downshift, they just rev match. I've even seem some of them use left foot braking.

Imo it's gonna be a challenge for both drivers but I think the adaptation will be alot harder for Stewart. I base my opignon of this on a video I saw some time ago about button and a supercar v8 driver that swapped car, while Button was fast almost instantly, it took a while for the v8 driver to adapt(ok it was on a road course but still)
Q: "How likely could we see you in one of these cars in the future?"

A: "Well with how my racing career has been going lately, maybe"

Montoya V2.
Quote from PMD9409 :Q: "How likely could we see you in one of these cars in the future?"

A: "Well with how my racing career has been going lately, maybe"

Montoya V2.

Did he wreck the car this time? trololo
Since I only live an hour and a half from the Glen I got to go to this, they only did a few laps each but it was pretty awesome. I have never heard an F1 car in person so that was the main reason for going. They should really bring F1 back here, a reported 10,000 people showed up in the rain just for 2 cars doing demo laps yesterday, it would be a huge success if they had an actual race there.
How much did it cost to go?

One of the problems with F1 races is the cost of the tickets, rather than proximity.
Watkin's Glen probably would need major refurbishment & track development to be brought up to FIA standards.
I can't see too much to be honest, compared to other tracks like Melbourne, Montreal and interlagos it seems faily capable IMO.
Just don't bring F1 to Glen.

It would ruin the track, just like it did with the Nürburgring, Spa and so on...
Quote from samjh :How much did it cost to go?

One of the problems with F1 races is the cost of the tickets, rather than proximity.

No cost, it was completely free. I know F1 tickets are expensive but I still think they'd sell the place out easily.
#45 - JCTK
Quote from Intrepid :Watkin's Glen probably would need major refurbishment & track development to be brought up to FIA standards.

aka they'd need to ruin it.
#47 - DeKo
If you count upgrading pit facilities and extending run-off as ruining the track, then I guess you're right.

The Glen is a fantastic track, but updating it to modern standards without messing with the layout wouldn't be ruining it at all. If it stays stuck in the past every series will eventually leave it.
The kind of runoffs that F1 would require would mean removing a lot of the trees and surrounding scenery that give the Glen a lot of its character, IMO.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Did he wreck the car this time? trololo

AFAIK Tony Stewart was called a racist after teaching him how to drive the car
They would ruin the Bus stop, and probably 2 or 3 other corners that would be deemed risky with a full field of F1 cars. Let them go ruin Road America by making it wider and race there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG