The online racing simulator
Server to learn How to drift with mouse steer?
As tittle say, i'be choose to learn what i never tryed on lfs

Yes Drift, so any server that can teach how to drift with mouse as steer whould be nice

I'be just race for 4 years straight and 2 years of cruise, now is time to learn how to drift

If posible, not demo. so i can start with the xrt

Regards
Techcenter. Any other server will just yell at you and tell you to either go to youtube and or singleplayer.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Techcenter. Any other server will just yell at you and tell you to either go to youtube and or singleplayer.

There is no one there =(

@

Well tryed my first couple of hours and didn't get to much..., i'be joined some servers but nobody help you or tell you tips etc etc etc
its just a whole different experience, you just need to get the hang of it....ffb is nice, but obviously with a mouse; not possible
I disagree. It is still possible with mouse. Many of those people drift using mouse, or stabilized keyboard. I'd be good if you can take maybe even $5 for something with an axis (joystick, gamepad). If you have been racing with a mouse and is used to it, just keep practicing. Catch the tail. Maybe time how long your drift last? And keep fine tuning it. It took me sometime to get it on a ffb wheel. Don't expect to get it the first time on a mouse. Not saying you can't. Just keep at it!

Get a good setup; ask logitek.
Watch drift videos; driftbible is a good place to start. (techniques)
Understand how drifting physically occurs.
Use the race line to guide you.
If you know a track really well, start the drift towards the apex at the speed and position where you would in a regular race. You lose speed.

TBH, with 4 years of racing in LFS, you are really well off. This is really as much insight as I can give you. You probably know more than I do. Just use this to remind you of what you already know.
Quote from GenesisX :I disagree. It is still possible with mouse. Many of those people drift using mouse, or stabilized keyboard. I'd be good if you can take maybe even $5 for something with an axis (joystick, gamepad). If you have been racing with a mouse and is used to it, just keep practicing. Catch the tail. Maybe time how long your drift last? And keep fine tuning it. It took me sometime to get it on a ffb wheel. Don't expect to get it the first time on a mouse. Not saying you can't. Just keep at it!

Get a good setup; ask logitek.
Watch drift videos; driftbible is a good place to start. (techniques)
Understand how drifting physically occurs.
Use the race line to guide you.
If you know a track really well, start the drift towards the apex at the speed and position where you would in a regular race. You lose speed.

TBH, with 4 years of racing in LFS, you are really well off. This is really as much insight as I can give you. You probably know more than I do. Just use this to remind you of what you already know.

I have 3 problems

1st, i tent to loose the car tail's
2nd, i cant get the "Place" to start the drift toward the apex
3rd, the speed and the momentun to keep the drift

Gona practice a bit more and then post a replay.
I'be joined 3 or 4 servers and they are a loot of mouse drifters and they are really good doing it, also some drifter told me that Falken team have some drifter that use mouse and they are good as the one who use wheel

I know that learn drift take some time, my first's attemp's wasn't bad at all, but i'm tooooo far to be normal drifter, i just need practice, thx for the help guy's
from reading your post, i realize you are using too much 'racing' technique in this.

1. if you tend to lose the cars tail, then it likely has a tenancy to be too lose, or the front is getting too much grip. (increase negative camber/reduce sway bar in back)

2. i started with doing little power-over steer drifts whenever i could in the corner, and working my angle up. as the angle increased, so did the length of the drifts. along came control.

3. too much speed will just be hard to start, and end the drift, a loose set with not much speed (i like my sets to have very low gearing for ease of throttle control). this will let you stay slow, but with a jerk of the throttle, your rear will be loose.

go to the autocross, and try to drift a circle. this will teach you throttle control, and input in general.

this will be difficult.
i meant ffb with mouse is not possible (force feedback, incase you diddnt know what it stood for)
I did this now

asd.spr

Layout and skin are not mine.
Attached files
asd.spr - 70.4 KB - 178 views
Quote from logitekg25 :i meant ffb with mouse is not possible (force feedback, incase you diddnt know what it stood for)

Ah, nvm. I guess I should get more sleep.
wow, you are actually about as good as alot of the people at drift servers.

what i noticed, is when the tires are cold, you dont have to counter-steer QUITE as much, that will get you more angle, and when the tires get hot, you need to be a little quicker on the wheel

thats after a quick look, so i really dont know if that is what you need
Quote from logitekg25 :wow, you are actually about as good as alot of the people at drift servers.

what i noticed, is when the tires are cold, you dont have to counter-steer QUITE as much, that will get you more angle, and when the tires get hot, you need to be a little quicker on the wheel

thats after a quick look, so i really dont know if that is what you need

Thank, but took me a few attemps to do that, gona keep practing then
Quote from Inouva :I did this now

asd.spr

Layout and skin are not mine.

Apparently not bad for a beginner.

Before trying some serious action on the track, use SIMPLE layouts to help you.

Since you've been racing for 4 years you must know the rule "more smoothness, the better". In order to get rid of those violent steering movements, start on the skid pad, try to follow a line, then practise changing lines.

After that, go to 8-tracks. Try symmetric ones first, then asymmetric (two cycles differ in size).

When you have no problem with XRT/FZ5, go to LX4/6.
From someone who started drifting 1st, then racing. Setup 2 tires and place them apart and heat your tires to about 80-90 and drive normally in a figure 8. Since you have racing experience, first instinct is to catch the slide. Do so, but hold it rather than save it. It's just a start, but you can do this for all tracks.

It's much easier to start off drifting then racing than vice-versa, especially if you were a fast racer.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :From someone who started drifting 1st, then racing. Setup 2 tires and place them apart and heat your tires to about 80-90 and drive normally in a figure 8. Since you have racing experience, first instinct is to catch the slide. Do so, but hold it rather than save it. It's just a start, but you can do this for all tracks.

It's much easier to start off drifting then racing than vice-versa, especially if you were a fast racer.

I second this.
Learn how to drift made me a bit faster on racing since I'm also using mouse and don't have a analog throttle/brake, I tend to let it do a low-angle controlled slide instead of waiting for the perfect time to step on the throttle without losing grip.
we can help
My team have s1 and s2 drift servers on autocross with a layout to help practice. we also have a demo drift server on bl1.

there is usually someone from the team in the servers, we are willing to help anyone who needs it.

we have a drift meter and leaderboard (!drf followed by car code) on all our drift servers.

the servers are:

[GWR] Drift Demo
[GWR] Drift S1
[GWR] Drift S2

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG