The online racing simulator
2011 Speedweeks 200: Race Discussion
Well :|
#2 - CSF
Could have been an epic last lap but...
#3 - Kova.
I quote deko : :|

Was happy about my start, climb from last to 13, 0.6% of fuel per lap.. then get taked out by Joni and av flipped :|
I was chillin' and waiting for the last lap then sc, bye bye possible win :|
sorry for the incident at 46 minutes I nudged the rear of the car ahead of me sending him into another car
I guess it's wrong to discuss incidents in protests thread,so I reply here to protests from Mr. American Oval Super Genius Talentented Super Star Sir Master Sir Super King Sir Ubertalented Sir Matt Kingsbury...

Quote from Mustangman759 :Session of incident: race
Lap AND Timecode of incident:1hr 12 m 20 s, lap 72 (lfs)
Your car Number 21
Other Cars involved 96 43 88 94 77 51
Brief description of incident.

96 runs wide into my car and causes massive pileup

When I checked - you were not there anymore,so I went higher so others can get draft from me and we can get more speed to catch drivers in front,but then you decide suddenly to go low...

Lap AND Timecode of incident: 1h 44 m 28 s, lap 105 (lfs)
Your car Number 21
Other Cars involved 01 96

96 causes wreck

Well this is more my fault,was my misjudgment,still wasn't used to your driving when you just go flat out for whole race not caring how would be better to work together (which somehow worked for couple laps before).

Most of my oval racing experience is from Oval Junkies,so I'm more used to work together to achieve higher speeds. But,as Yann already stated at race when he crashed - almost everyone blocks here,just sits on inside of track,and that for whole race (would understand in last laps) fighting for position on track,and you - Sir Mister Sir Matt - were the worst! Most of the time I saw you - after taking draft,you just pulled to the very bottom of track in straights,obviosly not willing to work together,being happy to race for some 15th place or so. I know,it's ok by the rules,nothing illegal,but still dissapointing.

Well anyway - it was so different to race in this event (even different to Clockwise 185 last year),I was too polite very often which ended by being left alone. When I started to be more agressive and ambitious (like others),it caused some incidents,I guess I'll better stay at back for the big events...
#7 - CSF
I think LFS's "Most Sportsmanlike driver" should be ashamed of his actions yesterday. Some of his blocking tactics almost caused several pileups, and finally after he bump drafted Joe he did cause a big wreck running into the back of Isaac. I'm not a fan of what Tommy did on server, but he must have been really pissed off if Car 33 was doing to him what he did to me on several occasions. You don't need to cut down on people when they are coming past you on lap 48, you are only going to cause a big wreck. I rescued you out of no mans land and you immediately hit my nose as I was passing you in Isaac's draft. Good work Yann, good work.

Yann is the first to criticize people for doing wrong (KY250 2010, iTCC 2011) but he has to accept he is certainly no angel himself instead of saying "everyone did it". Well Yann they didn't, it was only you that I saw doing it in the first half of the race with very little on the line than a big crash, and boy you delivered a big crash eventually.
#8 - Seb66
Ban for 2 races I say.
#9 - CSF
Also Joni at 1.45 And then the blocking from 39 and 57 after that got a bit ****ing extreme!
I don't understand, why the hell people feel the need to outright BLOCK 60 laps before the end of a race. It just ****s everything up.. People can't seem to grasp that its quicker to work with the 4/5 people that are around you instead of diving up the inside every 2 seconds or blocking.. Your not gonna win the race by diving up the inside or blocking the person behind you 60 laps before the finish of a race, just chill the hell out and work together dammit.

I realise a 4/5 car draft wont work with people who don't know what the hell they are doing.. But the last 2 cars in a 5 car draft can just latch on to the back of the 3 car draft in front of them. They don't have to do anything, and doing so will make them faster.
Quote from CSF :Also Joni at 1.45 And then the blocking from 39 and 57 after that got a bit ****ing extreme!

What can u expect 5 laps before the end? u need to start doing at least a little bit of blocking, and it wasnt that extreem we just started to run low.

What 'surpised' me more was joni's move out of t1 where he went over the pit exit onto the gras and then banged on the oval, gonna ask admins about that tonight because that could have ended very bad for all and afaik its not aloud to use that part of the track.
Quote from Eclipsed :snip

all I did was report incidents no need to go all girly on me, if the admins think I caused it let them penalize me. I will be honest, I dont have much exp. in this kind of slingshot oval racing I am more used to NASCAR where you lift off or brake entering a corner, except when it is a plate track where you just lift off to avoid blowing your front aero up and saving it for the end of the race. I did not block you at any time I was pretty willing to draft or fall behind people, but atleast you did the right thing and looked at the replay also
@ Yann not everybody did it watch my race.
Lap AND Timecode of incident: 11 m 8 s, lap 11 (lfs)
Your car Number 21
Other Cars involved 94 87

94 cuts down on 87 and causes accident

Stop protesting retardedly and actually watch the incident b4 u protest. As you can see, I fosho didnt "cut down on 87", infact I barely moved my wheel to the left at all, wheras 87 doesnt turn his wheel to the left when he's supposed to and thinks it's a good idea to keep the wheel straight and crash into me.
Quote from reigga :Stop protesting retardedly and actually watch the incident b4 u protest. As you can see, I fosho didnt "cut down on 87", infact I barely moved my wheel to the left at all, wheras 87 doesnt turn his wheel to the left when he's supposed to and thinks it's a good idea to keep the wheel straight and crash into me.

well im shure the admins will know, from my POV you hit him ... no I am not going to change it just cuz i hate niko lol but from his and your pov it changes
-
(Deutschland2007) DELETED by Deutschland2007
Quote from CSF :I think LFS's "Most Sportsmanlike driver" should be ashamed of his actions yesterday. Some of his blocking tactics almost caused several pileups, and finally after he bump drafted Joe he did cause a big wreck running into the back of Isaac. I'm not a fan of what Tommy did on server, but he must have been really pissed off if Car 33 was doing to him what he did to me on several occasions. You don't need to cut down on people when they are coming past you on lap 48, you are only going to cause a big wreck. I rescued you out of no mans land and you immediately hit my nose as I was passing you in Isaac's draft. Good work Yann, good work.

Yann is the first to criticize people for doing wrong (KY250 2010, iTCC 2011) but he has to accept he is certainly no angel himself instead of saying "everyone did it". Well Yann they didn't, it was only you that I saw doing it in the first half of the race with very little on the line than a big crash, and boy you delivered a big crash eventually.

Tbh, I was not very pissed during the event, I was sitting with a more "wtf" view on the race. But thats LFS and oval I guess :P I just could not understand some actions from some drivers, especially Yann's blocking tactic. I were in a few scary moments, like when I was squeezed when Isaac went down on me. But instead of going full throttle with I guess 60 laps to go or something, because Isaac was squeezing me, I reduced my speed just quick enough so there was not a crash. Im pretty sure Isaac didnt see me, so no worries, but yeah, people turned down on people a bit too much. There is a reason that the car on your inside is not going further on the inside - it is probably because he has a car there, and cannot go lower. So then no need to push them there :P

Anyway, I know I chatted at the end, but I was going to retire as my race was basicly over. It was under SC, so I dont think it made any of you lose focus or something. =)

But yeah, better races at iR :P

oh, and my skin. The idea was to create a skin with Norway's colors, so it was not an iR skin. I added a few iR logoes, and then when someone mentioned it, I understood it could be misunderstood as an iR skin

Thanks for all for the racing. Was some fun at least!
Quote from CSF :[...] but he must have been really pissed off if Car 33 was doing to him what he did to me on several occasions. You don't need to cut down on people when they are coming past you on lap 48, you are only going to cause a big wreck. I rescued you out of no mans land and you immediately hit my nose as I was passing you in Isaac's draft. Good work Yann, good work.

I didn't see you complaining when Seb blocked the inside line in the last LLSS2010 race creating 4-7 way draft battles which was ultimately the cause for another crash in the end. Without that the field would have been spread and the danger of a risk wouldn't be that high.

Sure what Yann did wasn't perfect, but he one of the cleanest racers out there, but other drivers aren't better. None is perfect - neither am I.

Although I'm not quite sure why Isaac hits Yann's rear twice (I have nothing against, he seems like a nice guy to me), but if he wanted to have him out of the race that way, then it wasn't nice either.

I think almost everyone was underneath his normal potential in this race.

And now fall over me guys for saying my opinion..

Anyway, to my race: Had a nice start - thanks for bump Rudy - with some nice draft battles mostly with ineX guys. After the early pistop I couldn't get at the top again. Anyway, thanks for the fun first laps although there wasn't a long green flag period in this race.
Quote from CSF :I think LFS's "Most Sportsmanlike driver" should be ashamed of his actions yesterday. Some of his blocking tactics almost caused several pileups, and finally after he bump drafted Joe he did cause a big wreck running into the back of Isaac. I'm not a fan of what Tommy did on server, but he must have been really pissed off if Car 33 was doing to him what he did to me on several occasions. You don't need to cut down on people when they are coming past you on lap 48, you are only going to cause a big wreck. I rescued you out of no mans land and you immediately hit my nose as I was passing you in Isaac's draft. Good work Yann, good work.

Allright just to make things clear:

1) I would never have done that at first place if the people around me were actually trying to collaborate nicely, instead of pulling hasardous moves in order to avoid me and draft with other people.
2) There is no formal rule preventing this kind of blocking, only a sort of "gentleman agreement" which I felt could be broken considering the situation. Look at today's race, there were at least a few people having the same way of thinking there. Also, refeer to Sascha's post about LLSS 2010.
3) It is not like I gained anything doing it, I still finished on the roof in the end, didn't I? Lesson learned, no?
4) I can't see how I can be blamed for taking that "most sportmanlike driver award". Blame the community instead. Just a proof of how senseless and unpredictable it can be. I really think hundreds if not thousands of people deserved it more(though I might have bragged about that stuff once or twice in the past, yea, I've been an arrogant **** at times but never really thought what I was saying).
5) I really don't give a **** if I get any kind of penalty for this, LFS oval racing is pretty much meaningless to me nowadays, considering it's current extraordinary shape. Just look at today's race once again.
Quote from Feuerdrache :I didn't see you complaining when Seb blocked the inside line in the last LLSS2010 race creating 4-7 way draft battles which was ultimately the cause for another crash in the end. Without that the field would have been spread and the danger of a risk wouldn't be that high.

I blocked SAFELY FOR THE LAST LAPS OF THE RACE. There was NO weaving, NO moving. I held the line the whole way round the oval, unlike the shit that went on here with people going for a move, then finding their path blocked by a car coming down on them to stop them from passing.
#19 - CSF
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Allright just to make things clear:

1) I would never have done that at first place if the people around me were actually trying to collaborate nicely, instead of pulling hasardous moves in order to avoid me and draft with other people.
2) There is no formal rule preventing this kind of blocking, only a sort of "gentleman agreement" which I felt could be broken considering the situation. Look at today's race, there were at least a few people having the same way of thinking there. Also, refeer to Sascha's post about LLSS 2010.
3) It is not like I gained anything doing it, I still finished on the roof in the end, didn't I? Lesson learned, no?
4) I can't see how I can be blamed for taking that "most sportmanlike driver award". Blame the community instead. Just a proof of how senseless and unpredictable it can be. I really think hundreds if not thousands of people deserved it more(though I might have bragged about that stuff once or twice in the past, yea, I've been an arrogant **** at times but never really thought what I was saying).
5) I really don't give a **** if I get any kind of penalty for this, LFS oval racing is pretty much meaningless to me nowadays, considering it's current extraordinary shape. Just look at today's race once again.

@Sascha, I think you and I are on different wave lengths as I am more on about turning down on people when they have a good run into a corner than blocking the inside line all the way through, especially at the end of the race.

@Yann well here is the thing, if you had bad experiences when you were fighting your way through, thats fine, but I think you can understand my rage at being cut off and almost crashed when I was leaving so much room I was almost losing the draft being too nice. And yes my post was probably harsh this morning, certainly having seen this "race" we had tonight.
Quote from CSF :@Sascha, I think you and I are on different wave lengths as I am more on about turning down on people when they have a good run into a corner than blocking the inside line all the way through, especially at the end of the race.

Might have quoted the wrong part of your post. Wanted rather refer to this part: "I think LFS's "Most Sportsmanlike driver" should be ashamed of his actions yesterday. Some of his blocking tactics almost caused several pileups, [...]".
-
(GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by dekojester : edited out spam / rubbish
#21 - CSF
Quote from Feuerdrache :Might have quoted the wrong part of your post. Wanted rather refer to this part: "I think LFS's "Most Sportsmanlike driver" should be ashamed of his actions yesterday. Some of his blocking tactics almost caused several pileups, [...]".

Yeah its still blocking, but maybe a different type of blocking. We are half on wavelength.
-
(Seb66) DELETED by dekojester : edited out spam / rubbish
-
(GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by dekojester : edited out spam / rubbish
-
(Seb66) DELETED by dekojester : edited out spam / rubbish
For the record, Seb and Yann: I don't give a toss about your squabble over a TEM event - take it to PMs or just knock it off.

2011 Speedweeks 200: Race Discussion
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG