The online racing simulator
"this program could not start properly (0xc0000022). Click OK to end program
i just turned on my pc today to play some lfs, and then i got this message, (0xc0000022). i saw that there was a new patch, so i downloaded it, but still the same problem. Norman antivirus also says that there is some virus at C:/Windows/SysWOW64/dinput8.dll, and then something like "W32/Obfuscated.OI. i tried to locate the file, but could not find it. Please help me. I Do not know whats going on.
It's possible that a virus has replaced the dinput8.dll file which LFS needs. If that's the case, the virus might be using some technique to hide the file from you so you couldn't remove it. If you have a dualboot setup, you can try booting the other OS and fix the problem from there, if you don't, you can try booting in safe-mode.
As for fixing the problem, the easiest solution would probably be deleting the dinput8.dll and reinstalling latest version of DirectX. When you're done, you should run a thorough virus scan too.
Quote from MadCatX :It's possible that a virus has replaced the dinput8.dll file which LFS needs. If that's the case, the virus might be using some technique to hide the file from you so you couldn't remove it. If you have a dualboot setup, you can try booting the other OS and fix the problem from there, if you don't, you can try booting in safe-mode.
As for fixing the problem, the easiest solution would probably be deleting the dinput8.dll and reinstalling latest version of DirectX. When you're done, you should run a thorough virus scan too.

I tried the easy part, it just said that some program called "trusted installer" must give me permission to delete it, wtf? and i tried to locate "trusted installer, nothing like that on my pc.
First rule of fixing this kind of problems: Ignore whatever crap Windows 7 is trying to suggest you. Booting in safe mode, running a virus scan there, deleting dinput8.dll and reinstalling DX should get you sorted...
Quote from MadCatX :First rule of fixing this kind of problems: Ignore whatever crap Windows 7 is trying to suggest you. Booting in safe mode, running a virus scan there, deleting dinput8.dll and reinstalling DX should get you sorted...

Thank you , im going to try that now. i'll let you know
TrustedInstaller is a special user account and by default owner of many system files. Makes it a bit more difficult for malicious software to compromise them because all other users, including SYSTEM, only get rx (read / read & execute) permissions, but it's still possible.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG