The online racing simulator
Quote from TFalke55 :Joachim is to hard to pronounce so they simply say Jo (like Joe). His other nickname also comes from his time in the British Motorsport: "Smoking Jo".

I don't find Joachim hard to pronounce, I just think it was Britains way of using a familiar name 'Smoking Joe' With him, making it Smokin' Jo' :P
James Nash is my hero at the moment, consistently at the sharp end in the races and look where it's put him; leading the British Touring Car Championship.

Thruxton this weekend, Nash hasn't had any experience of the track before though so we shall see. Hondas are traditionally hard on their tyres here, maybe the extra weight of the turbos will make that even more of an issue?

All the turbo engines have had to reduce maximum boost by 0.1 bar to try and even things up.
Quote from Minimaxman :James Nash is my hero at the moment,

I am so looking forward to him and Andrew Jordan battle it out for years to come hopefully
#29 - DeKo
Quote from Minimaxman :James Nash is my hero at the moment, consistently at the sharp end in the races and look where it's put him; leading the British Touring Car Championship.

Thruxton this weekend, Nash hasn't had any experience of the track before though so we shall see. Hondas are traditionally hard on their tyres here, maybe the extra weight of the turbos will make that even more of an issue?

All the turbo engines have had to reduce maximum boost by 0.1 bar to try and even things up.

Probably a good move, especially for Thruxton. The turbo cars were making 3 or 4 car lengths down the Donington back straight.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Donington: directed by Michael Bay

... or Sylvester Stallone

Nope on either

Bay: Not enough explosions

Sly: Not enough carnage

:P
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Nope on either

Bay: Not enough explosions

Sly: Not enough carnage

:P

Michael Bay, I'll give you maybe, but that plato crash was straight out of Driven car goes off, just happens to hit something that makes it flip and destroy itself

And then it was out for the third race, now that's not very realistic, is it?
Some good stuff today in mixed conditions at Oulton - Smith taking out Boardman, Neal taking out his team mate Shedden from the lead allowing Plato to win and then Plato being his usual moaning self, then Niall Murray going from 14th to 2nd taking the fastest lap in the Ginettas - race 3 about to start
I've never seen Matt Neal weeping on the car before. Won't blame him for that, I'd cry too if I had just cost my own team a big haul of points by being greedy on the final corner.
Any vids?
BTCC never fails to throw you curveballs when you least expect them.

hope he negotiated a no team orders clause
Quote from JPeace :Good decision!

...though I have to say the split done 15 minutes before race 3 didn't look very professional for the driver, the team and the series.

Even on LFS you wouldn't see this:rolleyes:

Very gutted for Hollamby, guy did a great job last year doing his best on his Golf, then steps back as he has the opportunity to "sign" a top-gun, then is left with no drivers after 4 rounds.

Guess next time he won't step the contract part.

Let's hope TOC gets treated half-decently at Aon this time though.
Who's racin the AMD Miltek car now then?
Quote from BlueFlame :Who's racin the AMD Miltek car now then?

To be announced, though I guess Hollamby might just get back in the car, at least for the next round at Croft.
It's a quick car, I think they've outscored the Aon cars in a few races with only 1 car.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :...though I have to say the split done 15 minutes before race 3 didn't look very professional for the driver, the team and the series.

I don't think it quite happened like TOC leaving the team right then... from what I have been able to piece together I think it's something like this:

TOC wasn't under contract at AMD. He was there to help development work on the car, and because he's a great driver, and they were there to keep him on the grid. It was a mutually beneficial relationship. AON now have gotten their third car ready, and needed a good third driver. TOC is by all accounts a great development driver and gives lots of useful feedback. AON has a new chassis and engine, and is struggling somewhat to get consistent results. I don't think the fallout that everyone says happened actually happened, TOC has stated that he has remained talking to Chilton a lot.

So anyways, third car now ready, they meet with TOC sometime during the race weekend and offer to pay him to rejoin the team. A more competitive car, with a higher standard team, and getting paid, It's pretty much impossible to turn that down. TOC accepts, or is planning to accept, and informs Hollamby that it will be his last race... Hollamby elects to not send him out in the car because of potential damage to the car. Hopefully TOC will not get team-ordered.

Now AMD need a new driver... Hollamby is capable of stepping in, which he has indicated he might, but he has also said that the team has already been approached by many drivers about the ride. So I'm reasonably confident that they will be alright in the long run.
I thought it was a good days racing, the Hondas doing a RedBull was priceless, and Plato's reaction was worth even more!

In terms of who will drive the Golf next, I'd go with Jonny Herbert or Tim Harvey
Quote from Minimaxman :I thought it was a good days racing, the Hondas doing a RedBull was priceless, and Plato's reaction was worth even more!

In terms of who will drive the Golf next, I'd go with Jonny Herbert

Depends if he's doing Superstars cup race or not.
Another reduction in boost pressure for the turbos, and Plato has put it on pole in quali for Croft today! Neal is second (with more ballast than JP) and Collard is third in the Beemer, great to see those back at the sharp end. With their lowered first gear ratio in place again, it's going to be hard for the two boys on the front row to keep Collard behind off the start.
Quote from Minimaxman :Another reduction in boost pressure for the turbos, and Plato has put it on pole in quali for Croft today! Neal is second (with more ballast than JP) and Collard is third in the Beemer, great to see those back at the sharp end. With their lowered first gear ratio in place again, it's going to be hard for the two boys on the front row to keep Collard behind off the start.

Honda is still 4mph quicker down the straights so it will be down the inside and bye bye cry baby for Matt Neal
Quote from trebor901 :Honda is still 4mph quicker down the straights so it will be down the inside and bye bye cry baby for Matt Neal

Matt Neal will probably demonstrate his excellent judgment and overtaking decision making at some point too.

I hate all this turbocharging nonsense almost as much as I hated the turbodiesel WTCC fiasco and how long it took them to match the cars (if they ever truly did). It just makes for loads of BS from the ones trying to sandbag whenever they can, and perceived "moaning" from whoever speaks out about clear disparity. Plus, Honda with a turbocharged petrol Civic feels about as right as Lamborghini with an all-electric Murciellago GT race car.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG