The online racing simulator
Got my case! Now I need the parts.
(61 posts, started )
Quote from burn4u :M$ is rather common but I always liked Microsux.

To the OP, don't see a hd in that list, and what do those thermaltakes put out on the 12volt rail in the way of amps?

I had a 250gb HDD already and I have no idea.

I OC'd the CPU to 3.8ghz on the stock fans and the temps are fine. Getting 250fps+ on lfs. Renders a CoD 720p gameplay in an hour. Everything is good
I have pretty much the exact same setup and i'm sure you can up it to 1080p since i have nearly the same setup.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I have pretty much the exact same setup and i'm sure you can up it to 1080p since i have nearly the same setup.

I'm playing on 1080p Samsung 1080p 27in TV with DVI imput.

I actually changed some stuff since I brought all the stuff in store.

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250gb (for now)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA78LMT-S2 AM3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.8ghz
RAM: 4gb 1333 noname (lol)
GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5770 1GB

and the case is absolutely horrid. 1st upgrade that I am getting is a new case.
i think the way to go in terms of pc cases is either the antec 900 or a good HAF. something with plenty of room and lots of big fans. i own an antec 900 and the stock 200mm "big boy" fan at the top is perfect for flushing out any unwanted hot air. then the 3 stock 140mm fans help force the cool air from front to rear.
Quote from dadge :i think the way to go in terms of pc cases is either the antec 900 or a good HAF. something with plenty of room and lots of big fans. i own an antec 900 and the stock 200mm "big boy" fan at the top is perfect for flushing out any unwanted hot air. then the 3 stock 140mm fans help force the cool air from front to rear.

Since you have the case, do the fans connect to the mobo or the psu? The mobo that i got only has 1 input for the fan. :/ lucky everything already has a fan on it so nothing overheats. And I was already interested in that case when I saw it in stores.
If you want dirt cheap, go HAF 912. Good thing about it is that you can still manage SLI with 5770 and it only costs about 50-60 usd. For about 40 more dollars you can get the HAF 922 which is abit bigger but still Mid-tower.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :Since you have the case, do the fans connect to the mobo or the psu? The mobo that i got only has 1 input for the fan. :/ lucky everything already has a fan on it so nothing overheats. And I was already interested in that case when I saw it in stores.

they connect to the psu (although the new 900 has mobo connectors), each fan comes with a 3 way speed switch (low-med-high). i keep my front 2 fans on low, my rear fan on med and the top "bad boy" on low. i have never had a heat issue. even with my GTX470 in there and they are meant to run as hot as the sun under load.
Quote from dadge :they connect to the psu (although the new 900 has mobo connectors), each fan comes with a 3 way speed switch (low-med-high). i keep my front 2 fans on low, my rear fan on med and the top "bad boy" on low. i have never had a heat issue. even with my GTX470 in there and they are meant to run as hot as the sun under load.

Yay! Then I'll probably be getting that.

What they have at my store is the Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Mid-Tower Case. Is that what you have?
Btw you can get a fan controller, they give you 4+ four-pin fan connectors ("mobo-powered") with speed adjuster on front panel. Some expensive ones even have LCDs which show current temp/speed.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :Yay! Then I'll probably be getting that.

What they have at my store is the Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Mid-Tower Case. Is that what you have?

i have the 900 mk1. you'd have to check to see what fan connectors are in the 900-2V3. but as said above, you can get fan controllers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG