The online racing simulator
Fia Gt1
(36 posts, started )
Fia Gt1
I've recently discovered my passion for this race Series. The GT1 racing just seems to do it for me over F1, DTM, Rally and anything else.

So anyone else here watch/follow this? Also are there any live streams going for each race? It's not very mainstream but anything?

Its been a while since I made a thread
Thanks!
Teams have also been known to put out livestreams from their garages time to time especially the 24hrs @spa and the crew tends to mingle with the viewers as well which makes it tons better than just a static camera posted above the pitstall.
Awesome. I'll dig around for those for the next round (this Sunday)
The official streaming sets a good example. Certain other series should follow...
Quote from deggis :The official streaming sets a good example. Certain other series should follow...

*cough*F1
Would be nice, but not F1 because you know how economy works. Television wants F1. Smaller series are not in that position.
F1 benefits from getting vast amounts from state-broadcasters that generally normal market conditions wouldn't be able to provide. hence why there is no rush to to go on line. State broadcasters can spend shit loads and maintain a monopoly on the market.
Nick Catsburg will not racing in GT1 in Silverstone.
No Nicky? Why? That red Vette was awesome.
I don't know, but he is in GT3 Europe entry list for race in Silverstone (in Algarve he was in GT1 and GT3).

http://gt3europe.com
So GT1, GT3 and the GT4 cup run on the same days. (plus some

Hopefully the one stream shows all of the days practices/quals/races for all GT1,3 & 4.
Even though I'm more for the GT1, if I have time, I'd stick around for some of the others.

Silverstone Timetable: Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th

Quote :Friday 3rd June

09:00-09:50 - GT4 Cup - Free practice 1
10:00-11:20 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Free practice
11:30-12:10 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Free Practice
12:20-13:20 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Free practice 1
14:15-15:05 - GT4 Cup - Free practice 2
15:15-16:35 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Pre-Qualifying
16:45-17:20 - GT4 Cup - Qualifying
17:30-18:30 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Free practice 2

Saturday 4th June

09:00-09:30 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Qualifying
09:40-10:30 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Qualifying
10:55-11:20 - GT4 Cup - Race 1
11:30-12:30 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Qualifying
13:30-14:30 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Race 1
14:55-15:35 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Race 1
16:15-17:15 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Qualifying Race
17:40-18:05 - GT4 Cup - Race 2

Sunday 5th June

09:00-09:30 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Warm Up
10:00-10:40 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Race 2
10:55-11:10 - Church Break
11:45-12:45 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Race 2
13:15-13:55 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Race 3
14:45-15:45 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Championship Race
16:15-17:05 - GT4 Cup - Race 3

http://www.gt1world.com/news/a ... erstone-weekend-timetable

Free practice on Friday is 5:00am here, and Warm-up on Sunday is 4:00 am here. Lol if I feel up to it i'll be up haha.
#14 - DeKo
Quote from Intrepid :F1 benefits from getting vast amounts from state-broadcasters that generally normal market conditions wouldn't be able to provide. hence why there is no rush to to go on line. State broadcasters can spend shit loads and maintain a monopoly on the market.

So you would rather pay money to Murdoch and BSkyB than to the BBC?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Church break?

I have not the slightest idea what that is. I saw it and was wondering myself.
Look on the GT1 site, it's there.
Quote from DeKo :So you would rather pay money to Murdoch and BSkyB than to the BBC?

I'm sure he'd rather have the choice to pay for neither if he did not wish to watch F1, which at the moment isn't possible.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Church break?

Assume it's so they can have peace and quiet for a bit, in the village(s), I know at a few British tracks (Croft, Oulton, Thruxton) there's either no racing until noon or a gap in the morning's activities.
I watched one of the Zolder races and was severely disappointed by the standard of driving... it was pretty bad.
Well I watched a race from 2010 at Algarve and I had the complete opposite experience. The cars were very tightly packed and there was pass after pass all clean. Race craft was brilliant. Of the little I know and have seen of GT1, they drive pretty good to me.
GT3 Europe race 1 was good, first win for Ferrari F458 GT3. Nick Catsburg finished the race on 7th place, Nick has for race 2 pole position.
Good Stuff:d

GT1 Qualifying race in about ~80 mins from now.
Oh Damn. What did I convert wrong.

16:15 = 4:15pm. And those times are GMT+0 right so I'd have to subtract 5 (GMT -5 here)
which =>11:15am here.

Ah well I hope I catch tomorow's race.
Don't think you converted anything wrong, just that the Silverstone timetable was local time, ie BST / GMT + 1.
Ahh, thanks buddy

Fia Gt1
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG