The online racing simulator
Set Up For My XBOX Controller
Hi guys, havent been on here for a while! been busy at University.

Im using an XBOX controller at the moment but for some reason it doesnt seem to be as working as well as it was. I was wondering if some one out there KNOWS how it should be set up in game? or if there is a way to get it working spot on. I would like if i could use the 2 triggers on the back of the controller as Throttle and Brakes... can that be done?

Thanks for your answers in Advance

Al
#2 - pik_d
I have now sorted the Triggers so they work as break and throttle. so much better. However my anolouge that i use to steer is so RUBBISH. it doesnt pick up on the smallest movement meaning my steering is all over the place. what settings do i need
try in options>misc

Analogue steer smooth:
Sets the amount of smoothing for joysticks and some wheels. The higher the value, the smoother your inputs will be, but they will also lag behind slightly.
Think it must be my control? tried all the suggestions and still its so sensitive, even with analogue smoothing. Its doing my head in!
Quote from AaronH :Think it must be my control? tried all the suggestions and still its so sensitive, even with analogue smoothing. Its doing my head in!

It could possibly be the xpad itself ; although I use linux, I typically use a xbox controller for driving sims (until I build a wheel&seat setup), and that said the xpads I have are the translucent Xbox Controller S versions and getting on in age. Anyhow, the xpad I've had connected for the last 3 years, has seen a pretty solid workout in many driving sims, and it slowly developed this error in the 'deadzone' area....

....it's actually caused by wear of the potentiometers that are part of the joystick assemblies (the M$ part is described as an 'analog sensor'), in the deadzone area (where the actuation spends most of it's time), and the electrical contact between the 'wipe' and the resistive circuit is broken..ie;
open circuit. All manner of weird things happen when this occurs, and in my case it manifest itself as an all of a sudden turn sharp left while trying to keep things in a straight line...at a couple of hundred kph. The other problem, was with partial steering (around a slight bend), the contact would make/break continually with the slightest joystick movement...

You can fix the problem ; the parts are available (I've seen them on ebay for $5 or such), and one would merely need desolder the old assembly & remove it, and then solder in the new part -- however, you'd want to double check this is indeed the problem, perhaps try using the xpad with another sim, and see if it displays the same problems.

Hope this helps...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG