The online racing simulator
Quote from Senninha25 :Chandhok could have a future as a commentator.

Paul Di Resta as lead commentator, Chandhok as second would be great. Put Davidson in there as the pit guy and it would be perfect.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Marlboro make shark lasers? Hot damn, got to get me one of those! Tell me more of this fantastic product.

Probably free if you smoke enough Marlboros. I got a neat fluorescent lantern out of them, and a Victorinox knife which I managed to nearly detach the tip of my index finger with (whilst installing new pickups in my bass. Several weeks later when I'd recovered enough to play the bass it sounded sweeeeet.)
I seem to remember Monaco being exempt from the tobacco advertising ban. Last year there was a large poster advertising Gauloises. Monaco isn't in the EU despite using the Euro as currency. I found this article.
http://www.forumula1.com/2007/ ... -tobacco-advertising-ban/

Ferrari have been called to book before too
http://www.formula1onlive.com/ ... bliminal-tobacco-ads.html
But,
Quote from Wikipedia :However the barcode symbol that is used instead is "subliminally" suggestive of the Marlboro branding, and signifies their sponsorship. In 2011, Ferrari will no longer have the barcode symbol; the only signification of sponsorship will be the team name, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, although the team's logo will be showing the left side of the Marlboro chevron.

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T ... g#Formula_One_auto_racing

It is definitely banned from cars, but countries that still allow cigarette advertising, can still have trackside adverts. I think they have agreed to keep them outside camera shot though.

In other news - Team Lotus have won the high court battle to retain the name. Group Lotus/Renault have indicated they will appeal, so it's not over yet.

Full story BBC F1
...btw Ayrton Senna's greatest rival will be appearing on The One Show tonight. Not a show I'd usually tune into... but I can make an exception tonight
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Because they're not advertising Marlboro tobacco products. They're advertising their little-known shark lasers.

They are, look on the Ferrari pit box gantry for this weekend, it says SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO.

No shit, check it out.

Also if you split their SF logo down the middle vertically, it looks like HALF of the Marlboro motif.

My bad, PM beat me to it. I'm glad I'm not the only one to see it. I've not seen it there before the Monaco weekend either.
I thought everyone knew this already, I Remember tobacco sponsership at Monaco since i've watched f1 and it stands out considering its not really a normal site anymore.
woooooooooow, brake balance on 5% wtf?

He managed to steer away from the oncoming barrier, well done
Räikkönen would be proud.
Quote from aroX123 :woooooooooow, brake balance on 5% wtf?

He managed to steer away from the oncoming barrier, well done

That looked pretty horrible. I braced for impact here.

Mercedes mechanics have their work cut out.
Reminded me of Jenson when he got in a mess there.

Bet Nico created diamonds during that shunt, which is fitting for Monaco.
Talk of some teams trying a one stop strategy. The race could get messy, and trying to work out where drivers really are, is going to be hard.
I was watching the stream, and almost crapped my pants when I saw that onboard.
I have a feeling that HRT won't make the race tomorrow...both cars are in bits atm.
Fair play to Rosberg. That crash would put the willy's up anyone, and to go out with hardly any track time to go 4th in qually one is just awesome. the mechanics did well to have the car prepared just 5 mins into the session. More importantly, he's laid the gauntlet down for Schumacher.
Huge crash for Perez, and I didnt see him moving...oh my Gid
Holy Crap Perez
Holy shit, that's reminiscient of Wendlinger in 94
If there would be those kerbs still...
oh my godness, i hope its nothing serious
On the plus side it was sidepod first, which would have absorbed some of the impact.
Not a good sign when you see white sheets being used...
That car looks really abused
He was definitely out cold, hopefully nothing else.

E - Conscious and talking. Good news.

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2011
(542 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG