The online racing simulator
Photoshop help
(10 posts, started )
Photoshop help
Okay. So i was working on a skin for maybe the past hour and 30 minutes "saving" not "Saving as" like i probably should have and Photoshop crashed on me as i was finishing up. I saved literally maybe 2 minutes before it did so if im able to retrieve it, i wouldn't have anything major to redo if not anything at all. Where would i find my work. I looked in Open recent and couldn't find. Checked my documents and etc. It's the Lite version of CS4.

If it's lost for good, chances are i work ever dare try to redo the whole thing.
You can do a windows search for files created between certain times.

You should know where the file was saved to anyway was it saving a psd or jpg/gif/png..etc??
I was simply going to File>Save every 10-20 minutes. I'm sure it either saved as PSD since that seems to be the default if i click save as, but like i said, i was merely clicking the "save" button rather than "save as" like a idiot. I've checked My Documents, My Pictures, The folder where i first opened the skin kit. I'm using the search feature now. Wouldn't there be some sort of default folder however for saves?
File -> save will save the current file under the name it was opened with or if you were creating a new file it actually opens the save as dialog as it has no idea what you want it called and where you want it saved.

Since you don't appear to have been asked for the filename/location then you must have been working on an existing file like a template or something.

There is no default folder for saves. Open all the files in the skin kit and you should find it there.
Phew something as simple as that. It did exactly what you said. Thanks a bunch! I feel pretty daft now.
File > Open recent :rolleyes:
Well perhaps it only works on recent documents, so she should've closed it
Quote from Bose321 :She tried that (unless she means in Windows or something).

Fixed

On topic; If you opened an existing file, such as a bodykit template or any other template, a simple "Save" would overwrite that. If you worked with layers, it's almost certainly going to be a .psd, so searching for .psd modified today should yield the desired results.

€: Meh, completely redundant, sorry -.-
Didn't know that... :hidesbehi

Photoshop help
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG