The online racing simulator
Crappy Graphics on Windows 7 64bit
I use LFS on Windows XP 32bit for like forever and the graphics looked as good as it should be, considering my hardware limitations at each time. recently I bought a ATI HD 5770 and some more RAM memory and decided to finally upgrade do Windows 7 64bit ( since I have a 64x2 AMD processor ). So, I tried LFS the first time after thew update and the graphics are crappy. The miniatures of the cars on the pit menu are all blurry and so are the textures of the tracks. The skins and some interior dds are just fine, but the textures on the tracks like tarmac, grass, gravel pit,, and so on are all blurry. Can anyone help me please ?
I'm not really familiar with the ATI cards, but you can tweak some graphics settings in the Catalyst Control Center. You should go though the Direct3D settings and make sure everything is set correctly. Things like texture filtering can cause lowered image quality. A few screenshots would also be helpful.
There are the screens... you can see that the car is OK, and the virtual gauge is also ok. But the grass, gravel, chalklines, tarmac,, curbs... all very blurry.
Attached images
print 01.jpg
print 02.jpg
Set "Mipmap Detail Level" to "High Quality" in ur ATi Catalyst settings and ur good to go
Quote from hazaky :Set "Mipmap Detail Level" to "High Quality" in ur ATi Catalyst settings and ur good to go

BINGO !

Thank you very much dude...
#6 - och
Hi, I'm having exact the same problem, and the current ATI driver does not seem to have mipmap quality setting?

It might be called "Texture filtering", make sure that everything is set to High quality except for Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering, those should be set to Application-controlled.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG