The online racing simulator
Open Source Server problem
(7 posts, started )
I have problem with Cruise Server by dougie-lampkin. When I starting it on my PC or trying to join a server with this app, it causes an error like this:

NCN VALUE WAS EITHER TOO LARGE TO SMALL AN INT64

It probably because Win 7 64-bit, but is it possible to fix it?

Thx for any help
NCV? You could of ment NCN? its not a windows problem, NCN I believe a new connection, its an insim issue. The error is telling you what the problem is...

"WAS EITHER TOO LARGE TO SMALL" and your using "INT64"

Without seeing the code, I can't help much, but I would assume this could be playerid? or connectionid? I am not 100% on Dougies code. Copy and paste the NCN class and you'll probably get more help!

To find the class, hold down 'CTRL' and press 'F' (for find) and paste in 'private void NCN' to assist you finding the class.
Quote from Psysim :To find the class, hold down 'CTRL' and press 'F' (for find) and paste in 'private void NCN' to assist you finding the class.

Maybe it's a stupid question, but where can I find it?
as a result of your reply, I can assume that your running the LFSExternal.exe or what ever thats in the debug folder of the source you downloaded? and I would assume that you have not opened the solution?

If your confused by the words 'compiler', 'solution' and 'source' give me a clue, I am not sure what you know about coding, without sounding rude, I get the impression your experience is limited?

Help me out here, what do you know about lfs and InSim protocal? More information will aid me in assisting you.
Quote from Psysim :If your confused by the words 'compiler', 'solution' and 'source' give me a clue, I am not sure what you know about coding, without sounding rude, I get the impression your experience is limited?

Help me out here, what do you know about lfs and InSim protocal? More information will aid me in assisting you.

I understand what means with compiler and something.

I know almost nothing about InSim. Thats because I'm asking for help. I though that I would have normal cruise application to drive with my friends. It worked normally on my old PC (laptop with Vista Home Basic 32-bit) and here it works normally too, but only when I'm running a dedicated server. When I starting a server from LFS or just join a internet server with this cruise app, I get this stupid NCN error. And it is not only this error I gets. When I'm clicking on OK when NCN error appears, I have error that I can't just translate (I don't get errors in english, I have norwegian Windows and things like this I just don't understand). I can say it's a something with NPL.
Ok, thats a little more helpful

What you are getting is a (off the top of my head) Show.MessageBox(Ex blah) which, to you pops up on your desktop, it looks like a small window (gray box) with the text 'NCN Index out of range' or something? and a 'Ok' button in the center? If I am incorrect, tell me.

I believe the error isn't caused 100% by the NCN class, but maybe the data type used to store the information? Datatype being 'int64'

Like I may have mentioned before, I am not 100% savvy with dougies work, within the project you should have either/both connections.cs and/or players.cs? Within both/either of those files, you should find the data types saved for EACH player! Look at what 'Int64' data types you have and let me know, I am not sure how I or anyone else can help, but I will try, I am sure others will too.

Someone who is using dougies work, help me out here!

NPL = Someone joins the race from spectate
NCN = Someone connects to the host (also happens when you start the application)
Quote from Psysim :Someone who is using dougies work, help me out here!

NPL = Someone joins the race from spectate
NCN = Someone connects to the host (also happens when you start the application)

Yes, but that's not just Dougies work, that is how InSim works with these two packets.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG