The online racing simulator
Can't Get SoftTH To Work...
(35 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
around 30 FPS all the time (which is rubbish!) - will have to try RGB16 at some point.
#27 - need
Yep, I'm getting around 25-30FPS with 5040x1050.
Change it to RGB16 and it jumps to 55-60FPS.
I have noticed the occassional flash of solid colour on the side screens as well, that seems to disappear if you use YUV12, but you mentioned before that you couldn't get it working with that.
Quote from mcintyrej :I'd need to use Soft TH?

Could I not just set it up normally with 2 monitors and then use the "Rotate View" option? Then just fine tune it so that its right?

Doesn't work like that unfortunately. The perspective will get distorted so much it will be unplayable. Search for "corrected fov for dualscreen"
Hi,

which version of SoftTH do you use?

I want to setup a dualscreen setup (2x24") on vista with an ati hd 2600 and can't get it to work.. :/

when i want to change the resolution to 3840x1200 lfs only shows me a black screen and my forsaken vista a "beep".

any tipps?
I want to see of screen shot of this working in game!
#31 - Jakg
I have the same problem, cant get softTH to work over two monitors.
Here is my config:

[config]
; deviceIDLeft/right: Direct3D device ID's of left and right monitor, or 'auto' for automatic
; secondaryWidth/Height: Left & right monitor resolution, or 'auto' to use same as middle screen resolution
; secondaryRefresh: Refresh rate of left & right monitors, or 'auto' for automatic
; secondaryFormat: Secondary device image format, 'RGB32', 'RGB16' or 'YUV12'.
; antialiasing: Level of forced anti-aliasing
; anisotropic: Level of forced anisotropic filtering
; borderSize: Size in pixels of frame border between monitors that is discarded
; noHotkeys: Set to 1 to disable all hotkeys
deviceIDLeft=1
deviceIDright=2
secondaryWidth=1280
secondaryHeight=1024
secondaryRefresh=60
secondaryFormat=RGB16
antialiasing=4
anisotropic=2
borderSize=0
sideExtraWidth=-472
noHotkeys=0

[Direct3D]
; ** Advanced setting for Direct3D games **
; cylindicalCorretionAngle: Amount of cylindrical correction done, use with sideExtraWidth
; hideNondefaultDevices: Hides all but the default adapter from the game
; forceHorizontalFOV: Forces horizontal FOV to be three times as wide
; forceResolutionWidth/Height: Forces device to be created with this resolution
; force16bitDepth: Force game to use 16bit depth buffer, can improve performance and reduce memory use
; sleepBeforeRead: Time in ms to sleep before reading back buffer data from video card
; useMultihead: Uses multihead features of primary card if available, can increase performance and reduce memory use
; Set to 2 to force multihead initialization even if game doesn't create device with TH resolution
; delayedPresent: When useMultihead enabled, delay primary monitor present to sync with secondary head
; swapOrder: Swap order at which the frame contents are copied
; autoSquash: Automatically squash output to middle monitor if only pretransformed (GUI) elements are drawn
; d3d8dll: Path to D3D8.dll/D3D9.dll to use or auto for automatic (system32 dir)
cylindicalCorretionAngle=0
hideNondefaultDevices=0
forceHorizontalFOV=0
forceResolutionWidth=0
forceResolutionHeight=0
force16bitDepth=0
sleepBeforeRead=2
useMultihead=1
delayedPresent=0
swapOrder=0
autoSquash=0
d3d8dll=auto

any ideas, I am using twin monitor setup 1680ws & 1280 4:3
use deviceIDLeft=-1 to desable one screen

center is 0

my Right is 1

so:

deviceIDLeft=-1
deviceIDright=1
secondaryWidth=1024
secondaryHeight=768
secondaryRefresh=72

it's working with 2 screens
Hello guys ..i have two monitors ,central 1366x768 right - 1280x768 . Im on Win7 64bit and my vc is Mobility HD 5650.. what to do to get it work..
This thread is over 2 years old, make a new one with your problem.

ibtl..

Can't Get SoftTH To Work...
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG