The online racing simulator
S2 Update
(5 posts, started )
S2 Update
Hello. I am a registered user of LFS S2 for about three years. Last year I started seeing a notice about an update after hitting "Multiplayer" and then Display Lists of Hosts" (I get a screen that says "A New Update Is Available - LFS PATCH 225_10_288 setup"). I have gone through the process of downloading and installing the update a couple of times yet still see this screen.

So does that mean I have completed the update process? How do I know if I have updated successfully?

And why am I now seeing hosts that are labelled "wrong version" under my "Lists of Hosts" page?

Thanks in advance. Dirk
I think what you saw was "A New Update Is Available - LFS PATCH Z25_TO_Z28 setup".
If you keep seeing this message, even if you did do the update, then something's gone wrong. When you try to update, do you get any other (error) messages?
Finally, you can always see if a patch has worked by looking at what version of LFS you have after the update. You can see the version number at the bottom of the main screen of your LFS install.
Quote from Victor :You can see the version number at the bottom of the mail screen of your LFS install.

main*
Sometimes the update process can fail if you are using Windows Vista or Windows Seven, due to the protection systems they use.

It depends on things like if you are logged in as an administrator and where your LFS install is located (I don't know the details). You may find it is best to move your LFS installation into a folder simply located in the root directory of your computer, like C:\LFS if it is not there already.

This is what we recommend now because of the protection Windows puts on some other types of folders.

If you do continue to have problems with the auto-updater, and you do not find you have successfullly upgraded to Z28, it may be simplest to download a new full copy of Z28 from our website and install into the recommended folder. It does have an installer now which should help.

S2 Update
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG