The online racing simulator
#1 - DhQ
same Setup but no high speed on straight
Hello, after a longer break from LFS i started to play again.

I use a Setup for the FBM on Blackwood, yesterday it runs with no probs, but today i use the exact same setup and on the long straight the high speed is 212. The day before i was able to go over 220... what can be the reason??

My sectortimes are the same (only the sector with the long straight is lower)

I hope someone can help me.. thanks!
Wind conditions change maybe?
#3 - DhQ
Okay thanks sky, seems to be the reason.
may i dindt look at the wind info...
Quote from DhQ :Hello, after a longer break from LFS i started to play again.

I use a Setup for the FBM on Blackwood, yesterday it runs with no probs, but today i use the exact same setup and on the long straight the high speed is 212. The day before i was able to go over 220... what can be the reason??

I hope someone can help me.. thanks!

The Sector 1, how you do the chicane and how you do the hairpin afects the top speed...
It doesn't affect it by much. At the end of the straight, the acceleration is so small that even if you have a two second advantage, it will only translate to about 5km/h more.
#6 - Nicce
Quote from DhQ :

Quote from Si Mclaren :The Sector 1, how you do the chicane and how you do the hairpin afects the top speed...

he is faster in Sc1 and still is slower @ end.. so he is taking it better now than the day before. "if i understod it correct with the word "lower" split1."

have u messed with the rear wing?? that generates better cornering with more speed but in the end u suffer on the topspeed parts. but with 8km/h´s less its something strange.

hope u get it solved man. and welcome back to lfs.
Might also be caused by engine damage (overrevving), FBM suffers alot from it.
Or some fault in the pedals or pedal calibration (brake dragging, no full throttle, dirty pots causing spiking, etc.).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG