The online racing simulator
Boston Grand Prix (kart layout)
(3 posts, started )
Hello, all!

This is my first autocross layout in quite a long time, I've looked at past criticism and taken it into account for what may be my personal favorite. Mom always said, "don't make tracks with the red/white barriers" but f- the police, that's how it's going to be! I put bales where the most common crash areas were, so you should be safe from major flippage!

Screenshot (birds eye view) :

FAQ (a.k.a. show and tell about the track) :

Q-Can I take the first turn at full speed?
A-Yes.

Q-Can I take the SECOND turn at full speed?
A-Good god no.

Q-What about the last turn?
A-The last turn is a bit deceiving, from race-point you may think it's wide and long enough for full speed, but you will most certainly slide into the barriers if you try.

Q-How fast can you go on the straightaways?
A-You can probably hit maximum speed on the start/finish straight, as for the back straight and chicanes, you'll have to let off a little but but you'll be going over 70mph!
Attached files
AU1_BostonGP.lyt - 2.3 KB - 201 views
Looks like the drifters might like it.

Haven't downloaded it, but up to turn 2 looks like a very wide track, then it suddenly narrows to about half width.

Not criticising, and don't know what real track looks like, but I would have been tempted to extend the outside of turns 4 and 5, and use inside straight between t2 and t3 as outside straight of t4 to t5. Saves on work and objects.
Attached images
alt boston.jpg
Hmmm, that sounds like a pretty good idea, actually.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG