The online racing simulator
Constant disconnections
(5 posts, started )
Constant disconnections
Hi, I'd like to see if someone can help out here. I've been playing S2 Z28 Demo perfectly fine last week and since this last weekend I've started to experience always disconnections. I enter any server and 1 or 2 minutes later, some times when I've just entered boxes to start the race, and sometimes I'm not even able to enter and I get a disconnected or rejection from the Server.

Nothing has change except that I've reinstalled my OS and the game was not reinstalled, I just used from my old instalation, could this be the problem ? I've not imported any registry so not sure if that could be the reason but It's terrible, cannot play online.

Thanks.
Hi Mopheus and welcome to the forums.

I would look at your internet connection, and router including your LAN device drivers as when reinstalling your OS you may need to reinstall the mobo drivers also, I don't know if your "old installation" is on another HDD? if so you may want to try installing a fresh LFS to your Local OS HDD check all your LAN cables and/or wireless settings.

Many many things can cause disconnections including other LAN users, busy servers, poor internet, bad/loose cables, OS drivers, ect ect.

Sometimes a restart will help with this kind of problem too
Maybe if you continue to experiance problems please post your system specs and what OS ect the more info you give the better people can help you

Good luck.

SD.
No idea - but I have been geeting alot of JOOS messages the past 2 weeks trying to connect to some servers older than Z30 ( im running Z32 ) -- but I doubt it is related.
Quote from Mopheus :Hi, I'd like to see if someone can help out here. I've been playing S2 Z28 Demo perfectly fine last week and since this last weekend I've started to experience always disconnections. I enter any server and 1 or 2 minutes later, some times when I've just entered boxes to start the race, and sometimes I'm not even able to enter and I get a disconnected or rejection from the Server.

Nothing has change except that I've reinstalled my OS and the game was not reinstalled, I just used from my old instalation, could this be the problem ? I've not imported any registry so not sure if that could be the reason but It's terrible, cannot play online.

Thanks.

I had the same problem (carrying an old installation from a re-format) and led me to similar connection issues. Did a clean install, carried over the skins, colors and setups folders and no issue so far.
Yes tibone, I just tried clean install and also updated to Z32 (just to have some fun) and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks.

Constant disconnections
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG