The online racing simulator
how to set PS3 HKS game pad in LFS?
I plug my PS3 HKS Game pad on my PC to play LFS, however, It detect the 口 & X button to on/off switch, how could I set it to Y & Z axle?
The highlighted options should allow you to use buttons as throttle and brake (and clutch). Not sure how you could assign them to actual axes, but an app called PPJoy might help with that.
Attached images
lfs-gamepad-buttons.jpg
Quote from NotAnIllusion :The highlighted options should allow you to use buttons as throttle and brake (and clutch). Not sure how you could assign them to actual axes, but an app called PPJoy might help with that.

but it only make it be a button like keyboard, no anolog
#4 - delis
Quote from scania :but it only make it be a button like keyboard, no anolog

You have to select the Combined, not button...
I had try....but it only make the "ball" to z axis & y axis..... no other axis....
With a PS3 controller you can only use the analog sticks as analog controls.

The buttons and the triggers are detected as digital by the PC.

At least this is the case with an official PS3 controller but i would imagine any other PS3 controller would be the same.

A 360 controller works but the unofficial ones are crap and i personally don't think a genuine one is worth it.

I race LFS with a ps3 controller using the analog sticks. It means that throttle and brake are on the same axis but it gives me more control than with a mouse.

*edit*
Actually with new drivers it may be possible but i have only read rumours havent found any yet.
sil3ntwar i spent months looking for decent PS3 controller drivers and found motioninjoy drivers, works with bluetooth or usb cable and you can map all the buttons how you want including the analogue triggers and depending on you set them up they can be seperate or combined heres a link to the guys main page http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Enjoy it drove me nuts searching for them and setting it up so if you need any help getting it working give me a yell and ill try to help
Quote from sil3ntwar :I believe that is the one i am using. No analog buttons or triggers right?

I think the analog buttons work but not the triggers. The triggers just act as buttons
Just get a Saitek P[3/4/5]80 for $10-$20. Works without any troubles.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG