The online racing simulator
Quote from andRo. :Well, it seems like every theme is bad during the past 2 months.

I think there have been a lot of bad attitude around those competitions lately, resulting in some of the "big guys" have stayed away. Flaming, discussion, etc. Maybe give it a break ? I dunno
lets make 1 for renders
Quote from andRo. :Oops, I totally forgot about this competition. Why didn't anyone remind me? But it looks like nobody is interested in it anymore, is there even a point in making a poll?

Give it 2 - 3 months them re-open the LFSPMC
noo do poll now, i wanna win with my fat man car washing a mini
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :noo do poll now, i wanna win with my fat man car washing a mini

There is no need to vote, clearly your pic win
Ok, I'll give it a break for some time, for couple of months probably. Maybe someday, I'll reopen it and try to think of something new and more interesting, so that it is not the same thing all the time.

BTW, you can also keep suggestion things for this competition, though, while it's not running, so then if someone suggest something interesting, it might be used when the competition is going to be back: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=70668&page=2
How is the feel about reopening the competitions? I wanna get cracking with it again
Yea, I would take part aslo
+1 to that. Haven't done any editing for about 5 months now.
I actually remembered about it like a week ago and was thinking of reopening it, but I just thought, that again it will get boring quite quickly and there is no point since nobody almost ever posts anything even in the edited screen shot topic. I had an idea of adding some new rules or something that would make it much more interesting, but I couldn't think of anything that would attract people. Of course, we can give it a try by leaving it the same as before, but will it work for a long time?

Though I guess we can try bringing it back, I'll try to post it today or tomorrow, whenever I have time to do it, but if anyone has got any suggestions on what should be done to improve it, please tell them!
Looking foward to it again, since I grabed some new skills in editing pictures.
Quote from andRo. :I actually remembered about it like a week ago and was thinking of reopening it, but I just thought, that again it will get boring quite quickly and there is no point since nobody almost ever posts anything even in the edited screen shot topic. I had an idea of adding some new rules or something that would make it much more interesting, but I couldn't think of anything that would attract people. Of course, we can give it a try by leaving it the same as before, but will it work for a long time?

Though I guess we can try bringing it back, I'll try to post it today or tomorrow, whenever I have time to do it, but if anyone has got any suggestions on what should be done to improve it, please tell them!

I never participated (and I think I won´t due to my missing skills and interest), but I always liked to see the ideas.
Moreover I might have an idea.

How about adding a "category" for newcomers? Let´s say, everyone who took part in less than 15 competitions.
I think, there are at least a few who would like to take part but don´t see any chance of winning.
So, you have the chance to improve your skills before having to compete against the pro´s.

I hope, you understand what I want to tell.
Just an idea.
Hmm, that would only make the situation more complicated and worse. I am pretty sure there aren't that many people who would join it then, trust me. We can't get many people altogether to join this competition, if we divide into 2 different groups, there won't be much entrants in any of the groups.

Also, you can't get good at something without doing anything or practicing. I haven't seen any less experienced people even posting any screen shots in edited screenshots thread, that would only make me think that there either aren't that many people who like doing this or they are not posting their pictures for some weird reason, since by seeing the critics, it's the fastest way to learn something.

Also, I think it's a better chance for the less experienced to be in the same group with experienced since that would only motivate them to get better if they want to come close to any good place. Who cares if you are not winning in the beginning, the most important thing is to participate and improve and if you see that you are getting good results between more experienced people, you will be a lot more satisfied than if you are in the same situation in the less experienced group.

That's just my point of view, if you don't practice, you'll never get good in anything, whining about something won't make your life easier. If you want to be good at something, then just practice, practice and practice.

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong, but for now I won't experience with these 2 groups. I'll see how it works with 1 group.
BTW, I need a good topic to get this competition running again, can't think of anything that hasn't been used already.
The open configs were an significantly good addition to LFS (IMO), maybe a theme that showcases these?

Its good to hear that Photomode will be making a comeback; I, for one, missed it. But the break was inevitable with the number of entries dropping off and the interest dying off...

How about if the competition was held monthly? 2 weeks to enter, 1 week to vote; the next week to come up with good themes for the next competition?

As for getting more people's interest - how about a li'l prize [if there are, say, more than 10-12 entries? Maybe something small like £5 for a winning entry (or £3 for winning and £2 for second)] - or would that ruin Photomode?
Quote :The open configs were an significantly good addition to LFS (IMO), maybe a theme that showcases these?

Well, maybe, but if you think about it, what is there really to showcase? It's same LFS, nothing really changed in the graphics etc. Of course it's not forbidden to use those areas to take your picture, but I don't think there will be some sort of interesting pictures showcasing the places, dunno.
Quote :How about if the competition was held monthly? 2 weeks to enter, 1 week to vote; the next week to come up with good themes for the next competition?

Well, it's okay with me, but not sure if it is for others. All I can say that it is very long time to wait compare to 2 weeks, I don't know, but maybe it would drop the interest for the people since they would get impatient. I've had that in local competitions and making it a 1 month long competition didn't change the number of entrants at all. Though, maybe others think we should do that, I don't care actually.
Quote :As for getting more people's interest - how about a li'l prize [if there are, say, more than 10-12 entries? Maybe something small like £5 for a winning entry (or £3 for winning and £2 for second)] - or would that ruin Photomode?

Well, I'm not going to sponsor the money, that I can surely tell you. But if there is someone who thinks he can do that, I don't have any problem with that, but it won't be me.
Yeah, was just putting in some ideas to get the ball rolling; maybe someone else can add to them / come up with better ones.

Would be happy to sponsor a couple of rounds, given that there are at least 10-12 entries. But then again, there won't be much point in that if whole teams started to vote for their member's entries...

Another idea; Skin+Photomode competition: I wasn't around when LFS' default skins were made/included: what was that like? Was it set as a public competition, or were the good ones already submitted in the forum selected by the devs to be included?

Any thoughts about such a competition? Or would that be considered overkill?

Is there an interest in a separate skinning competition, IF its too hard/complex to merge it in to Photomode?
Quote from Silverracer :Would be happy to sponsor a couple of rounds, given that there are at least 10-12 entries. But then again, there won't be much point in that if whole teams started to vote for their member's entries...

Exactly, people will start to look for help to get an unfair advantage. Don't you have any better things to spend the money on? Not that I care, just saying, you would regret it. This forum is no place to make money, it's all for fun, so if people are willing to compete, they will without having any price. Those who want to compete just for money are probably not even liking the competition, but doing it against their will.

Quote :Another idea; Skin+Photomode competition: I wasn't around when LFS' default skins were made/included: what was that like? Was it set as a public competition, or were the good ones already submitted in the forum selected by the devs to be included?

Could you explain more what you mean, I didn't really catch the idea. Do you mean like making a design on cars or making skins with the skinning templates or what? Or just using skins in your images, since that is allowed. Sorry, I don't understand, your point might be interesting, but since I don't really catch the idea I want you to describe what you mean exactly.

P.S. I decided to make the rounds longer, so it will be lasting 3 weeks now. 18 days to enter and 3 days of voting.

LFS Photomode Competition Round 79: Car Wash
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG