The online racing simulator
I didn't suggest to replace it.

Just to extend the track load command. Like you suggest yourself
When comes the Patch with the last Streets open in SouthCity? :worried:
Quote from Stölzel :When comes the Patch with the last Streets open in SouthCity? :worried:

When the tyre physics are done I guess.
I haven't noticed anymore freezing when racers are leaving the pits, so that seems to be fixed in these latest patches.
But the game freezes for a cupple of seconds if someone are kicked from the server (atleast for bad names on Airio-powered servers).
Quote from kimd41 :When the tyre physics are done I guess.

I hope soon then i have many many ideas for Custom Race-Layouts on SouthCity
weather? may be make dynamic weather (direction & strenght wind) put data into game from real world (insim) ))))
Quote from Skagen :I haven't noticed anymore freezing when racers are leaving the pits, so that seems to be fixed in these latest patches.

I did, but it's a bit shorter now
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Can i have an unlock please? Due to MoE stuff, i got quite confused when my tweaked MoE LFS wouldn't go onto Z32 after i installed the patch, after then being told i needed to unlock after installing i did but it made no difference. Now MoE is over and i want to go back to normal LFS but i have no unlocks Thanks.

I can't get on LFS at all because when i tried to unlock the normal version it logged me out of the modded one aswell, please can you respond.
If you contact to devs via lfs.net contact form, Victor will respond in few hours, giving you additional unlocks
Quote from Bokujishin :I have to say I don't understand why the camera does this on your video. I did the exact same thing and the camera stays on the car, whether I click "lock" or not...

Thanks for confirming that. I'll try a fresh install and update from z28 instead. A broken update method is the only possibility I can think of.
Quote from vourliotis :If you contact to devs via lfs.net contact form, Victor will respond in few hours, giving you additional unlocks

Already done this, admittedly probably not had chance to respond yet but i've been wanting to watch a replay since last night and i've not been able to.
For information only:
Frame rate from z28 to z30/32 improved impressively on my system.
The improvement is consistent over the tracks / situations, around 15-20%.

However full grid on custom tracks takes a high toll - I only get 30ish FPS upon race starts

Laptop with XP3, decent CPU, Nvidia quadro FX770M (512)

Good work!
Quote from sermilan :I did, but it's a bit shorter now

Yes, I had one short freeze just now. Have to check the replay to see if someone was leaving the pits, or if it was something else.
Now we are talking about this, I would like to suggest one very very easy thing..

We have an option to set wind, intensity. But the direction is totally random.

As League Admin, we can´t create races with wind active, because everytime the race starts again, the direction changes.. And all your training and car set up go to trash..

So I think It would be very useful and easy to implement a comand like:

/w_direction [0-360º]

If /w_direction isn´t set up, w_direction would be random as it was until now.

I hope to get a answer from Scawen to this since I think that is very useful and easy to implement.

Thanks in advance.

PS. In topic, I don´t see what´s the problem about using the actual /weather comand.. Just, save reloading the track twice.. But no more..

Edit: I forgot, /w_force would be useful too, but no so necesary as /w_direction
Yes, wind in exact direction. Like in real world.
Quote from Kid222 :Yes, wind in exact direction. Like in real world.

Well, today during the F1 race, the comentators said that the wind were blowing in the same direction during the full weekend in Turkey, so...yes, like in real life
Quote from NeOn_sp :everytime the race starts again, the direction changes.. And all your training and car set up go to trash..

So once F1 does Friday practice at a track, the wind doesn't change at all from that point through the weekend?

Erm no, I highly doubt the wind didn't change at all, just look at the more open tracks like Silverstone, it can change direction over a day let alone a weekend...
#918 - e.M
theres another use for this - making wind direction same in few servers for a league or smthing becouse wind can either make you slower or faster.
Quote from e.M :theres another use for this - making wind direction same in few servers for a league or smthing becouse wind can either make you slower or faster.

I agree with that, as then it's used the sync the servers. Although the first thing I would do after this was released is make a mod to ensure that the wind is at my back when I'm using the accelerator, and to over my front when I'm breaking.
Thanks for the unlock.
Yes, the reason why I´m suggesting about this, it´s for league use. I would like to have the same weather conditions in our 4 servers. At the moment, as LFS don´t allow us to have same wind conditions, so we have all our races without wind.

Quote from boothy :So once F1 does Friday practice at a track, the wind doesn't change at all from that point through the weekend?.

You can´t compare that. In lfs, you start a race, and it gives 5km/h and 80º direction. Ok.

If you restart again 10 second after that, and it gives totally different wind parameters..

Quote from Dygear :Although the first thing I would do after this was released is make a mod to ensure that the wind is at my back when I'm using the accelerator, and to over my front when I'm breaking.

That command just would work for next race. Or in entry screen, just like weather command do. That would solve the possible hack without any kind of problem.
Quote from NeOn_sp :You can´t compare that. In lfs, you start a race, and it gives 5km/h and 80º direction. Ok.

If you restart again 10 second after that, and it gives totally different wind parameters..

IRL a race restart isn't done in 10 seconds.

I think the real problem with minor changes in the wind ruining your race is that you drive too close to the limits of the car. I personally can't wait for dynamic weather and track conditions as that will force you to leave a margin of error.

The league part is totally valid though. Maybe ad a setting to group servers under same weather rotation.
Quote from Squelch :Thanks for confirming that. I'll try a fresh install and update from z28 instead. A broken update method is the only possibility I can think of.

It appears it was a broken update. I updated z31 to z32, and although it looked correct, I ran into problems while bug hunting. A fresh install of z28 and updating to z32 fixed the problem.

I'm posting this feedback so that it might be considered should any one else run into similar problems in future.

Please accept my apologies for wasting time.
I still get a freeze when the odd person leaves the pit garage, it was so bad yesterday I OOB'ed because of it...
Yes nice update, I need it !

Thank you
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG