The online racing simulator
AI challenge for offline races
Hi all,

I love this sim, and albeit now being not very active online, every time I drop by to play a bit, it brings a great smile to my face!

Sometimes I'd just like to have a few races offline as my friends don't race all that much any more. So I need to add some AI for a bit.

Unfortunately, even on PRO setting, I still manage to drive away from them, taking away a bit of the challenge for me (sorry, not trying to brag, but that's just what I find, despite SOME time training them up on a certain combo)

I remember when the AI was updated some time ago, people thought they were practically invincible. They found THE line around the track, and drove the car to the limits. I loved it!

My question is, could that level be added once again, maybe just on top of the current levels, like an 'ELETE' setting? Either that, or can they learn to go faster, sooner?

Many thanks, and thanks for the latest test patch Scawen/Eric/Victor!

Scott.
Quote from Scottie :Hi all,

I love this sim, and albeit now being not very active online, every time I drop by to play a bit, it brings a great smile to my face!

Sometimes I'd just like to have a few races offline as my friends don't race all that much any more. So I need to add some AI for a bit.

Unfortunately, even on PRO setting, I still manage to drive away from them, taking away a bit of the challenge for me (sorry, not trying to brag, but that's just what I find, despite SOME time training them up on a certain combo)

I remember when the AI was updated some time ago, people thought they were practically invincible. They found THE line around the track, and drove the car to the limits. I loved it!

My question is, could that level be added once again, maybe just on top of the current levels, like an 'ELETE' setting? Either that, or can they learn to go faster, sooner?

Many thanks, and thanks for the latest test patch Scawen/Eric/Victor!

Scott.

Scawen already said that when the S3/new physics come, the AI will become faster...
Is there any downloadable invincible-AI patch ? Really want to try that. I don't care if it can't work with the new master server.

Sorry for my crappy English, but what does "ELETE" mean ?
Quote from Keling :Is there any downloadable invincible-AI patch ?

No, AFAIK.

Quote :Sorry for my crappy English, but what does "ELETE" mean ?

I guess he meant "elite".
The only way to make it more challenging with the current AI is to slow your own car down, by means of added mass and/or intake restriction.
Tried training ais and give them a good setup?
Quote from speed1230 :Tried training ais and give them a good setup?

the AI doesn't learn anymore like they used to in previous versions, at least that's what i've read around here...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG