The online racing simulator
5770 Issues
(5 posts, started )
5770 Issues
I've been having this issue for awhile now in rfactor. In the Enduranceracers Mod, i can't have over a certain amount of cars (between 50 and up). if i try to load a race with that many, the loading screen kinda fuses with the Garage/timing screen and all the cars have weird artifacts.

Well today i tried loading rfactor again with 42 cars on the 2011 Adelaide track and it froze on the loading screen. The bar had finished itself, but the screen just froze there before it went to a Bsod with the keywords atidvag2 i believe.

To combat the issue i downloaded the latest drivers as before i only had the HIS disk drivers just in case i wasn't to install any others.The issue wasn't solved and apparently made it worst. It wasn't the first race i loaded since updating the drivers btw.

It could be heat i'm guessing, or my card is finally kicking the can. I only had it since september and it's been pretty well maintained in my case.

Any ideas? Going to try to load another race and test it again.
ATI drivers have been getting worse and worse unfortunately. Try the latest (11.4), they just came out and they might help. Make sure you have your chipset drivers installed (this is not as important these days as it used to be a few years ago). Turn down your 3D settings a bit. Leave your case open when you're gaming. Run memtest86+. These are all my suggestions, as it's very hard to find the exact cause of the ati2dvag BSOD. I get it too now and then, but then again my 4870 is at 78C all the time...
I'm very familiar with that error, I fought with it for a full year, and atidvag2 may not actually be the problem at all, since Nvidia cards will produce a similar error message under the same conditions. If you go into event viewer you should find a critical error message, saying something about an infinite loop which could be caused by drivers or hardware.

The problem is there are so many causes for it that it may even not be the graphics card at all. It's as if it's just a combination of hardware that leads to bad communication, which results in an infinite loop.

I mean I swapped motherboards, ram, graphics card, eventually the CPU even. Seemed I always had a bad combo, no matter what I did. It's a very (and I mean VERY by all the reports I've seen) common issue that is more about hardware than it is software, people blame ATI drivers but they don't see that Nvidia gets the exact same problem, with it showing their drivers as the issue.

People have speculated on so many causes, but ultimately the only way you will solve it is to eliminate things one at a time, try different drivers first and you might be lucky and it goes away. If not check your ram, stress test your CPU, stress test your GPU, check temps all round. Then even if nothing shows up, something is still wrong, and you have to start swapping parts.
I researched on it and found out that on xp, rfactor only uses 2 gigs of ram, yet on a 64bit osi could download a bypass and allow it to run the 4 full gigs. Afterall, i'm only using 3.2gigs in xp. That would solve the issues with adding too many cars, but as for the bsod, it was the first i've gotten ever with this build and i haven't gotten it again yet, but i'll be looking out and stress testing.
Download the memtest86+ bootable iso, boot from it, run the test till the end and make sure there are no errors.

5770 Issues
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG