The online racing simulator
Apple's latest feature
(83 posts, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :OH NOES, MUST WRAP iPHONE IN TIN FOIL!)

Holding it with the death grip should be enough.
sometimes locational data can be useful to cell phone companies, but i don't see why apple/google should care where i use their phones, regardless of how they get or what they do with that data.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :...only people who would care are those who have something to hide.

Quote from The Very End :When that is said, why they store the information in the first place is beyound me, but if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear

"Nothing to hide" is a logical fallacy.

Quote :"Why should you worry about privacy if you have nothing to hide? This rhetorical question is sometimes posed by people who naively assume that privacy is of interest only to criminals, subversives, and deviants with dirty little secrets to hide. The fallacous argument is that fine upstanding folks should not need much privacy and that aggressively pursuing privacy is evidence of criminality or depravity. It is important to recognize that strong privacy really is a legitimate concern of all good law-abiding citizens. This is especially true if the authorities that you must deal with are less than perfect."

(source: http://books.google.com/books? ... onepage&q&f=false)

Also: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com ... 11/1468-5973.1101005/full
Quote from Forbin :"Nothing to hide" is a logical fallacy.

funny that you'd find that in a programming book.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Thank you.

It's good to see that at least one person isn't so far up themselves as to believe that abusing me is an intellegent reply to something that we should all be interested in.

None of us are up ourselves, we just think that you write more crap than I do. And this is being blown out of proportion.

+1 with Dustins big (and very sarcastic) post. ILY.

Forbin, I post pretty much every intimate thought I have on my blog, I have only 1 or 2 secrets and they are only secrets because they'd either hurt someone or cause me to loose a friend, or two or three. In the grand scheme of life, having a major company (such as Apple) know VAUGELY where I've been, is not of interest to me.
Quote from DeKo :The daily mail? If everyone believed what the Daily Mail says, they would think that this country has 300 million black immigrants spreading TB and taking all OUR jobs! They are a joke, and an even worse source for news than your anti-semite usual nonsense.

Whilst it may be the DM, if what they say is true, are you just supposed to NOT believe them, JUST because it's the DM? And the associated social suicide that comes with that?

Obviously, they print a mass of panic mongering SHIT that nobody will believe anything that they say, but there ARE immigrants taking peoples jobs, and spreading TB. People will get jobs, move countries and have TB to spread. If people didn't do that, they'd be no jobs, nobody could go to another country unless they walked and TB wouldn't exist.

Do you get my point? Just cos DM make exaggerations to shock people to their POV it doesn't mean what they say is bollocks, it just means you need to digest it like you digest ANY news, whether it's from the Guardian, the DM, the DT or the SUN. With a pinch of salt.

You can't go around believing the DM, just as much as you can't go around religiously believing The Guardian either, because if you did, you'd be living in a greenhouse and refusing to work because it's not enviro-friendly to do so.

Major side rant but you can't just say, IT'S IN THE DM IT'S UNTRUE. Besides, all news medias are biassed to hell anyway.
But naturally all of you are such good sheep that this is just another conspiracy theory ................

As privacy and security researcher Christopher Soghoian revealed in 2009, "Sprint Nextel" and other telecom giants "provided law enforcement agencies with its customers' (GPS) location information over 8 million times between September 2008 and October 2009."
Soghoian wrote that this "massive disclosure of sensitive customer information was made possible due to the roll-out by Sprint of a new, special web portal for law enforcement officers," a service eagerly provided our political minders by the telecoms as the secrecy-shredding web site Cryptome revealed with their publication of dozens of Online Spying Guides.
As we now know, secret state agencies such as NSA and the FBI routinely grab customer records from the telecoms to obtain dialed telephone numbers, text messages, emails and instant messages, as well as web pages browsed and search engine queries in addition to a staggering mountain of geolocational data, oftentimes with a simple, warrantless request.
The NSA's so-called "President's Surveillance Program" for example, vacuums-up huge volumes of "transactional" records gleaned from domestic emails and internet searches as well as bank transfers, credit card transactions, travel itineraries and phone records from other secret state satrapies as well as banks, credit reporting agencies and data-mining firms.
As The Wall Street Journal reported more than three years ago, "the NSA's enterprise" is linked to "a cluster of powerful intelligence-gathering programs, all of which sparked civil-liberties complaints when they came to light."
Investigative journalist Siobhan Gorman revealed that "the effort also ties into data from an ad-hoc collection of so-called 'black programs' whose existence is undisclosed," the tip of a vast surveillance iceberg.
But such programs could not function without the close, one might argue incestuous, collaboration between the secret state and their corporate partners as The Washington Post disclosed last year in their "Top Secret America" investigation.
In fact, as Soghoian and other researchers have learned, internet service providers and the telecoms "all have special departments, many open 24 hours per day, whose staff do nothing but respond to legal requests. Their entire purpose is to facilitate the disclosure of their customers' records to law enforcement and intelligence agencies--all following the letter of the law, of course."
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=24597
Quote from Racer X NZ :The chance of you using your brain rather than your dick to think - nil

Coming from a *censored* I think that's rich...spot the darkie, what the hell.

Anyway since there is no brain in my penis it's physically impossible to think using my dick. Unless the CIA have implanted a second brain in my penis at birth to secretly control me and turn into a mindless Zombie!!!

All you do is post conspiracy rubbish and link to any article, written by any sort of lunatic, which somewhat supports your story. Many people on here are actually well informed and don't even believe half of the crap we watch on the news, and yet the best you can come up with when we (by we I mean everyone) say what you're saying is stupid, is that we're sheep, incapable of our own ideas.

Oh joy, another wall of copy/pasted text.

Please kindly **** off
For most people this isnt a problem, they think its not a problem you see.
Its only when your/they/them/us/we are affected by it, that they/them/us/we will have your arms in the air, and perhaps a different attitude. Then maybe, people will listen to those watching the watchers.
That's the decision of his life right there DD, don't pressure him.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I hate AMD. I still use it in my newest Macbook Pro though.

(Quad Core Sandy Bridge i7 is worth dealing with an inferior piece of junk for a GPU!)

+1, except I don't own any Mac of any sort...
I just felt like posting this here... nVidia for the win!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :

(Quad Core Sandy Bridge i7 is worth dealing with an inferior piece of junk for a GPU!)

So I guess Apple loves "inferior pieces of junk".
It's ironic when people say that Apple uses old technology. They had the first Sandy Bridge laptops released, along with they're the first ones to have the new Intel chipset.

(I don't care. It's AMD, it's shit. The rest of the laptop is good enough to make up for the shitty card.)
By my next MBP refresh, Apple will have gone back to NVidia, so I'm not too bothered.

Dustin I applaud how much you like Apple but they are not the best for all applications...after all they resort to running Windows virtual machines 99% of the time to do anything.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Dustin I applaud how much you like Apple but they are not the best for all applications...after all they resort to running Windows virtual machines 99% of the time to do anything.

hahah
really?
apple products aren't meant for every possible computing application existing in todays world?
#75 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :...after all they resort to running Windows virtual machines 99% of the time to do anything.

The thing is, Dustin's obviously trolling... whereas you actually believe the rubbish you spout.

Apple's latest feature
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG