The online racing simulator
Connection issues to servers
(7 posts, started )
I have some huge issues with connecting to the master server and servers in the list, i couldnt find much answers to my problem so i made a thread (in a wrong section most likely) for it.

I have to try connecting to the master server to retrieve the list up to several times, and if i manage to connect i only find 10-15 servers and get around 50-60 that "doesnt answer". Help me
Hi Guthix
you will need to check the quality of your internet connection first.
go to speedtest.net then pingtest.net and post your results.

Other things that could be causing problems include....
other users on your LAN
P2P or other software on your PC
patch cable kinks or loose connections.
Wireless links..If your using wireless then try with a cable to rule it out.

Also if you suspected your post was in the wrong section, maybe it is think about looking at the forum sections before posting
Maybe the technical assistance forum would be a better place

anyway

Good luck
Im on a wired connection (please, dont take me for being a noob within computers, im not ) since i have a micro-ATX motherboard without a wireless chip Though, we have a 10mbps download and 15mbps upload so it shouldnt be a problem.

Dont know what the error could be :C

*EDIT* In fact, i have 110 servers that appearently dont answer, and 26 that i can connect to, this is bullsh*t because if i know the name of a specific server i can easily connect :3
#4 - g7usl
Quote from Guthix :I have some huge issues with connecting to the master server and servers in the list, i couldnt find much answers to my problem so i made a thread (in a wrong section most likely) for it.

I have to try connecting to the master server to retrieve the list up to several times, and if i manage to connect i only find 10-15 servers and get around 50-60 that "doesnt answer". Help me

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74012
Can you also race well, instead of connecting alone?

pinging the hosts for the server list is done using UDP packets, while the initial server connection is done using TCP, although UDP will come into play there as well for car updates in a race.

anyway, it's bound to be some networking problem. You can try resetting your router, or perhaps try on another computer if that is possible. But maybe it's your ISP having a few hickups. This is not uncommon - there can be bad or broken routers and switches on the network path between you and who you're trying to connect to. These problems usually fix themselves after some time though.

But there's no one answer to your question I'm afraid.
Quote from Victor :But there's no one answer to your question I'm afraid.

Well, my ISP must hate LFS because i can race well, and i easily connect to anything else within gaming, such as TDU 2, (its boring, game physics suck, waiting in silence for S3 instead) or any other game i have. I tried reinstalling LFS and even formatting my HDD.. None worked, though, ill just pay a visit to our ISP and make them try finding the problem, if there is one

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG