The online racing simulator
Ambient Occlusion and LFS
(4 posts, started )
Anyone else have any success playing with this driver feature?

I can get it to work and it looks pretty nice, it adds quite a bit of depth to the scene. One problem making it unusable for anything other than screen shots is that when the view is in motion the effect flickers on and off.

Most other games that have this feature are already too graphically intensive to use it (AO requires quite a bit of GPU horse power). But in LFS, good GFX cards are having a bit of a holiday so it would be really nice to make use of this AO effect with LFS.

To enable it you need to get Nvidia Inspector :
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NV ... r-1.94-download-2612.html
Then click the little tools icon next to the driver version to modify all possible options and compatibility settings for all the Nvidia Driver profiles.

If anyone else can find away to have the effect without the flicker I'd love to know.
Attached images
AO_Off.jpg
AO_On.jpg
Woo, that looks good.

I use a ATi now so I can't check if myself. Will find another computer to give a try tomorrow.
Which AO profile have you used (there are 10+ for diff. games)? I've tried CoD 4, HL2, TF2, NFS: Shift ones and neither seemed to work (with AO setting = high quality & Usage set to both "Enabled" or "1").
The one I'm currently using is for Counter Strike Source. But like I say, it flickers when the scene is in motion.

There are heaps of different combinations of flags that can be set for various things. Who knows, the right combination may get it working so its usable in game.
Attached images
Inspector.jpg

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG