The online racing simulator
overclocking
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Apex
overclocking
my computer sux so was looking at overclocking it my question is will this affect lfs. ive seen other online games automatickly kick a player because the had an overclocked computer. will this happen to me or are there people already people doing this.

how much does my puter suck lets see it runs at 23 fps when im on the track alone and at 7 fps in traffic

256mg ram, gforce 440 graphics card, 1.2 ? duron cpu,
LFS is extremely hard on the CPU, especially so if you try and overclock. With a machine of your spec, I wouldnt expect it to stay alive for too long before starting to seriously cook.

As far as I can see, you've got a few problems on your PC's spec; the processor and the graphics card
#3 - Apex
so u would recomend graphics card and cpu change b4 i upgrade ram?
yeah, i'd consider saving for a full upgrade
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Apex :ive seen other online games automatickly kick a player because the had an overclocked computer. will this happen to me or are there people already people doing this.

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, no game kicks you for ocing (how would it tell?), and anyway, is the CPU or the GFX card the bottleneck?

Oh, and btw my pc is always overclocked and ive never had a problem with LFS or any other game!
Quote from Jakg :thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, no game kicks you for ocing (how would it tell?), and anyway, is the CPU or the GFX card the bottleneck?

Oh, and btw my pc is always overclocked and ive never had a problem with LFS or any other game!

Yep - I laughed when I saw that too. Mine is overclocked and ofcourse, no problems.

overclocking
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG