The online racing simulator
Quote from vicbel :One more shoutout to Scawen to give host/server admins the possibility to limit the amount of gas and/or the type of tyres to use. This would spice up the possibilities in terms of increasing the strategy factor in races.

Tyres can be easily restricted via insim,but fuel tank max available capacity would be a nice option! Could cut the half of those big FO8 tanks with let's say /fuel=50
Quote from vicbel :One more shoutout to Scawen to give host/server admins the possibility to limit the amount of gas and/or the type of tyres to use. This would spice up the possibilities in terms of increasing the strategy factor in races.

You can limit the types of tyre via Insim, and perhaps more setup restrictions will come when Scawen (eventually) adds the fixed setup stuff that he described for the VWS.
Having the possibilty to fix the amount of tyres allowed would be a nice option too. Like, X sets of tyres allowed during a given period.
-
(NightHauler) DELETED by NightHauler
My message would be helpful.
Found another bug. On the road SO3. The same situation as with the track FE6r machine goes on the air in a certain area. Screenshots are attached.
Attached images
LFS 2011-04-16 22-53-41-73.jpg
LFS 2011-04-16 22-54-22-68.jpg
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah I would like to know what exactly causes this issue.

You can't see what the heck you are doing because the lines won't appear.

I believe this is caused by the objects intersecting the ground. The objects are placed at the exact same height the ground is, which is quite natural, but causes this glitch to happen (you can reproduce it in any 3D software by making objects intersect each other). The easiest way to solve this is to move the object up a tiny bit, and I don't think it would be difficult (just having to spawn chalk lines a bit higher, or making the objects higher).
However I don't know if that would cause compatibility issues...
Quote from NightHauler :Guys, please, write in this topic only the most important things, abstain from comments. Scawen probably don't want to read 2 pages a day with comments like: "Great work Scawen, thanks. " Only reported the most disturbing in-game bugs. Do not ask also about whether the road will be open. You'll see it after release. Thank you.

This thread is in General Discussion, not the bug report forum

I'm fairly sure open discussion is condoned here
Quote from NightHauler :Guys, please, write in this topic only the most important things, abstain from comments. Scawen probably don't want to read 2 pages a day with comments like: "Great work Scawen, thanks. " Only reported the most disturbing in-game bugs. Do not ask also about whether the road will be open. You'll see it after release. Thank you.

I was about to say the complete opposite almost...
I don't think this thread was posted so everybody could post bugs/things they want to be added during this patch..

Sorry, but I won't be doing that kind of thing. I'm not really taking general requests. Not meaning to single out your post in particular, just replying to you but the same applies to a lot of requests that have been made in this thread. I've done loads for this patch in a short time, I'm quite tired and want to get it out. So I'm working very hard to clear my list of bugs and add some remaining improvements that I have noted, as quickly as possible. I do not want to add more things which could create more bugs. I know I did the tyre wear 100% option request, but that was easy to do, in a compatible way. And I did some other suggestions because they were easy enough and very on topic.

But we are getting to the point where people are starting to come up with more and more suggestions, which are really nothing to do with the subjects of this patch, while I'm struggling away trying to finish the things that are already in the patch!

Quote from [Audi TT] :My message would be helpful.
Found another bug. On the road SO3. The same situation as with the track FE6r machine goes on the air in a certain area. Screenshots are attached.

I can't fix any of those kinds of bugs. That would be a simple thing to edit, if we were releasing a track update. But this patch will be just the exe and a few files. The tracks are remaining unchanged to retain compatibility, leaving all the hotlaps valid and so on. It's not time to delete the hotlaps tables - the time for that will be when the real physics updates come. So there are no track updates in this patch. The open configurations are a function of the EXE only, they are auto-generated so no tracks need to be released.
-
(BOSCHO) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Mango Juice) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
-
(Mango Juice) DELETED by Mango Juice
Scawen's message has been deleted by himself marked as spam. I lol'd.

On topic, it's great to hear that it's all going good. I suggest take a break on Sunday and continue on Monday, you deserve it.
Quote from kimd41 :Scawen's message has been deleted by himself marked as spam. I lol'd.

On topic, it's great to hear that it's all going good. I suggest take a break on Sunday and continue on Monday, you deserve it.

Agreed. When the game is made with LOVE not with anger shhhhhhe will be a great result
Glad to see some new updates coming up, awesome !
Questions on a post I have finished. I'll wait for this patch. And waiting for an updated physics, because I adore hotlap. Thank you for your attention.
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
Quote from Scawen :Sorry, but I won't be doing that kind of thing. I'm not really taking general requests. Not meaning to single out your post in particular, just replying to you but the same applies to a lot of requests that have been made in this thread.

Fair enough! I'll shut up and let you finish. Thanks for all your work.
Quote from kimd41 :Scawen's message has been deleted by himself marked as spam. I lol'd.

Maybe because he's a fair person?
i don't belive it!!!

Why?

"added Thu, Dec 11th, 2008 19:10
>Announcing VW Scirocco"

I think that VW has lost its magic. I mean I was waiting it like crazy year ago but now Its just another FWD to me...
Quote from Myffe :I think that VW has lost its magic.

I feel the same way. Back in '08, the Scirocco was a brand new car that wasn't even on the streets yet. Now they're everywhere.
Quote from Myffe :I think that VW has lost its magic. I mean I was waiting it like crazy year ago but now Its just another FWD to me...

It's not just a VW, it's the new tyre physics along with possibly* other goodies.

* take note, no promises or certainties!
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463 : :|
Wow, I cant wait. Is there an official release date? Love the open track idea.
Hopefully sometime next week.
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : We <3 you Scavier!
Thank you Scawen for releasing this Patch. IMHO this is what the community needs at this time.

Like I said in previous posts, if we (you and us) had known that the tyre physics would take so long, then all we ask is something to keep the diehards occupied
#775 - e.M
scawen i know its not on topic and all but back then you started with tyre physics you made tyres to puff smoke from every patch and it looked real nice(from the pic) so i just thought maybe you could implement this in new test patch.
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG