The online racing simulator
Dell precision 390 fan message.
(11 posts, started )
Hello,
This morning i went to turn my computer on.
but then it came up with a message saying: Fan Failure press f1 to continue or f2 to go to setup so i pressed f1 and it booted up.

So when it booted up i shut it down and opened up the case.
(now this may sound like a silly idea) but i got a fan and blew cold air all over the inside parts.

Now when i boot it up
the message does not come up anymore.

Can anyone tell me why it came up in the first place plz?
(if anyone had the same pc as me that would help aswell)

thanks
#2 - Jakg
I'm guessing that (for some reason) the RPM of the fan was being reported below (some arbitrary limit).

Either you've upgraded the fan, and it no longer needs to spin as fast to cool the PC and the PC thinks somethings wrong, or there was so much dust and crap in your PC the fan couldn't turn...

If you have a look inside when it's on, as long as all the fans are turning it's fine.

Might be a good idea to get some temperature monitoring software though...
Quote from Jakg :I'm guessing that (for some reason) the RPM of the fan was being reported below (some arbitrary limit).

Either you've upgraded the fan, and it no longer needs to spin as fast to cool the PC and the PC thinks somethings wrong, or there was so much dust and crap in your PC the fan couldn't turn...

If you have a look inside when it's on, as long as all the fans are turning it's fine.

Might be a good idea to get some temperature monitoring software though...

Ok thanks.
Ive had this pc for almost 3 years and its not that dusty inside...
Ill look for a cooling software
#4 - dadge
your fans might be old and due a replacement. to add to jakqs advice, get some fan rpm software (usually included with temperature monitoring software).
Quote from dadge :your fans might be old and due a replacement. to add to jakqs advice, get some fan rpm software (usually included with temperature monitoring software).

can you maybe recomend a software to me or a software you know that doesnt give you a virus or anything?
#6 - dadge
iirc, cpu-z does the job. i've only got my gpu software running on my machine. but i think cpu-z should do what you're looking for.
#7 - Jakg
CPU-Z and GPU-Z aren't in the same family of software (deceptive names, I know) - CPU-Z doesn't have any temp monitoring facility.

But, theres always RealTemp, CoreTemp & SpeedFan...
Maybe he meant Hardware Monitor? Same devs as CPU-Z
#9 - dadge
tbh, i'm not sure which one covers both temp and fan rpm. speed fan sounds familiar. but i don't tend to overclock so i don't really use the monitoring SW.
there is Hmonitor, but it's only a 30 day trial. never bothered to pay for it.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG