The online racing simulator
Full Xbox 360 for windows controller support
Most of the buttons work so far however the LT and RT axis' don't and I need them to work as Brake and Throttle since it is more accurate, all the other buttons are pointless for them.
Actually 2 out 4 people I know, are currently using a Xbox 360 Controller to play LFS, till they can save up for the G25.

So I would say more people are using a 360 controller then you realize.
I dunno, I wrote the 360 instructions, and updated the normal Xbox controller instructions.
what would be more usefull would be for someone ( hello mr gates )to write a util to allow you to use pc peripherals on the 360
#6 - pik_d
Would like to bump this. I use a 360 pad and would like proper support for it by LFS. Other games will take the triggers as separate inputs but LFS wont without 3rd party drivers. Only problem is they're unsigned and Vista/win7 64bit won't let you use them without doing something every time you start up.
Scawen can't easily implement it into LFS anyways as LFS uses DX8 as its target DirectX platform, whereas XInput came in with DX9 (If I'm not mistaken).
#8 - pik_d
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen can't easily implement it into LFS anyways as LFS uses DX8 as its target DirectX platform, whereas XInput came in with DX9 (If I'm not mistaken).

Many games have options to use DX8.1/DX9/DX10, is there any reason XInput can't be used, yet still use DX8.1 for everything else?
Because they're not simply drop-in components. DX methods can change between version numbers, and then the whole program would need to be changed, restructured if a function is called differently, and bugs must be checked for this.

Games that do have the options for multiple DX levels will have entire components rewritten for that DX and either compiled to a different executable, or have the program structured to use the different set of components.

Regardless, to use XInput, LFS would need to target DX9 as a base SDK.
My XB360 controller works perfectly with LFS.

Wireless too
Quote from djgizmo68 :My XB360 controller works perfectly with LFS.

Wireless too

Cool thanks for the detailed info that might help others.
First, Ditch the Xbox360 drivers. you need to delete them 100% off your PC, otherwise it Re-installs itself everytime you restart your PC. and this Messes it all up.

I used some Japanese Drivers i sourced from somewhere

http://redcl0ud.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1890
But it works very well.

BUT, for some reason, using the wireless controller EATS batterys, even without rumble!

you will need to set steering smooth to full so it drives nice
Are you using XBCD on Win7 64bit?
Nope. the XBCD drivers wont work with the wireless controller.

What these Japanese drivers do is take over the wireless receiver to make it work with the controller.

i cant remember how exactly i got it working in the end, as the Japanese translation didnt exactly help installing the drivers.
Quote from djgizmo68 :Nope. the XBCD drivers wont work with the wireless controller.

What these Japanese drivers do is take over the wireless receiver to make it work with the controller.

i cant remember how exactly i got it working in the end, as the Japanese translation didnt exactly help installing the drivers.

OK, well my bump was about the fact that the 3rd party drivers don't work on Win7 64bit. I've got XBCD working on WinXP (the only reason I keep XP around is LFS/XBCD).

Just as you said yours does, my 360 pad works perfectly with LFS.... but only when using a 10 year old OS (I think Vista/7 32bit will allow them, but that's less than ideal as well).
#17 - CSU1
The XBCD drivers sux balls - always have done.

I enjoy using any pad (doesn't have to be an XBOX type) and a wheel with LFS as there are two types of racing that I do with two different driving styles:

1.) Crash Servers require very quick lock-to-lock turning speeds for a good ol' thrash about, but at the expense of precision...which doesn't really matter...

2.) Competitive, obviously requiring greater precision on the steering axis...I fish-tail LoLz a lot, it takes abit of getting used too going from pad to wheel in the same hour
#18 - troy
Quote from pik_d :Would like to bump this. I use a 360 pad and would like proper support for it by LFS. Other games will take the triggers as separate inputs but LFS wont without 3rd party drivers. Only problem is they're unsigned and Vista/win7 64bit won't let you use them without doing something every time you start up.

If you're talking about driver signature enforcement then try this one, using that here since ages and it works like a charm. Basically it emulates keypresses before you start windows, so you always easily start up in the right mode.
i just bought a usb xbox360 pad. job done.
Quote from dadge :i just bought a usb xbox360 pad. job done.

Still needs XBCD drivers to split the trigger axis. I use a wired 360 pad too.
set a stick as throttle and a trigger as brake.
Quote from dadge :set a stick as throttle and a trigger as brake.

Now that's just silly.
no it's not. you have control of both axis. imo, problem solved.
Quote from dadge :no it's not. you have control of both axis. imo, problem solved.

ok ...i want to use it too the 360 controller ...and i did like this: in the Controlls menu ive setup the Throttle/break axes to combined ...then u set your throttle and break in Axes/FF: Throttle/break combined : select RY axes ...then you will have, Throttle/break combined: axes 2, i have here : invert 0 ...and i play like a normal racing game but cant seem to adjust the smooth driving ....ill search more ...hope i helped.
Quote from adrian.soundwave :ok ...i want to use it too the 360 controller ...and i did like this: in the Controlls menu ive setup the Throttle/break axes to combined ...then u set your throttle and break in Axes/FF: Throttle/break combined : select RY axes ...then you will have, Throttle/break combined: axes 2, i have here : invert 0 ...and i play like a normal racing game but cant seem to adjust the smooth driving ....ill search more ...hope i helped.

thanks, but i use a G27.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG