The online racing simulator
Custom 'flappy paddles' for DFGT.. anyone tried?
Anyone tried making something like this.. i switched from Momo to DFGT, and those flappy pedals are killing me.. very bad feel compared to Momo's. I was thinking of cutting some metal or something, and taping it to the existing ones, with those two-sided glue things, that can be removed later on in case of warranty..
Do you have some ideas of what material i could do this, what shape etc..
I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel with very similar Paddles and I'm also looking for a way to make them better. Please tell me if you Mod yours.
the problem is that the existing "paddles" are really flexible and by taping things to it they may get too stiff and stop working or break.

It may work better the way I sketched it up in that pic below, that way the flexibility remains
Attached images
paddle extension.jpg
Quote from ACCAkut :the problem is that the existing "paddles" are really flexible and by taping things to it they may get too stiff and stop working or break.

It may work better the way I sketched it up in that pic below, that way the flexibility remains

I know, it's awfull.. i tried it with some lighter, just to see how it 'clickes' with something on it.. and i don't feel a thing, like i'm not pressing it... Aaarghhh, i can't believe they've cut costs on something like this, how much expensive it is to have it at least like on the Momo..
I gotta try something though, will tell if i get it to work..
or go big ...

cost probadly more than LFS + PC + DFGT per paddle
Haha... might as well go G25; or make one from scratch
You can have my G25 paddles if you want, not using the POS wheel anyways... It's just dusting away, so if anyone is interested in a broken wheel with working pedals and shifter...
#8 - dadge
Quote from Bose321 :You can have my G25 paddles if you want, not using the POS wheel anyways... It's just dusting away, so if anyone is interested in a broken wheel with working pedals and shifter...

POS, lol. someone sounds like a spoilled kid right there.
just because you treat your possessions like shit, it doesn't mean that they are shit.
Quote from dadge :POS, lol. someone sounds like a spoilled kid right there.
just because you treat your possessions like shit, it doesn't mean that they are shit.

I treated it very well, actually nothing compared to my current wheel...
Quote from dadge :POS, lol. someone sounds like a spoilled kid right there.

Lets say he is just a fanboy in just about everything.
Quote from G!NhO :Lets say he is just a fanboy in just about everything.

Yeah you're right Mr jeep.

and, sry but, read the above post of mine. It's true... So yeah, no fanboy.
your above post is true? please explain how......
i have a G25 and it is far from being a POS. so how come yours is a POS? unless you're wrong and you're just being idiotic as usual
Quote from dadge :your above post is true? please explain how......
i have a G25 and it is far from being a POS. so how come yours is a POS? unless you're wrong and you're just being idiotic as usual

Because it broken down in a quite short while? Or doesn't that count? Also I don't like the pedals, shifter, nor the leather. Oh, and not minding the noise it makes.

But yeah, no need to make this a flame war.
if it's under warranty, get it replaced. for me, what makes logitech a good company to deal with is because their customer support is second to none. that in itself is worth alot as a customer.
Logitech products are like ATI graphics cards, They do what they say, They do it well, But on the length it lasts it's never long, I have bought 5, 5 Logitech headsets and it shorts in one ear every 6 / 12 months, It's bullshit.

I can't complain, I don't have it, But try memory foam.. That should make it less flappy.. or some rubber insoles.. Put them under it? Or ballast.
I use ATI products for almost 7 years, and had only one card fail on me, which was a passive cooled 9600Pro that worked in a unvented case in boiling summer heat for too long. My current machine even uses on of those rare Sapphire ATI mainboards, works flawless since buildup (4 years).

About stiffening the paddels, that exactly is what you don't want, cause they won't work anymore. Keep the flappyness or wire up new switches You may misunderstood, they are not wobbling around, the paddles and the whole under casing are made as one piece.
Flappy paddles for DFGT
There is now a place to find paddle shifters for your DFGT wheel. I loved my DFGT in all ways except the terribly small hard to reach buttons.

Quote from http://vivaf1racingleague.webs.com/ website:

psn id killik001
"All right, received these shifters today. Was a bit skeptic at first as I don't drive with manual shifting but decided to give them a go as with manual shifting you have even better control of the car you're driving (more accurate speed trough corners as you know which shift is optimal with precise timing).
Result? New personal record on Sakhir!!!! Simply love them"

Images and description below copied from http://granturgismo.com/

Take your driving game experience to the next level with the Dynamic Paddle Shifters for Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheels (Steering Wheel NOT INCLUDED).These CNC machined paddles require no tools or warranty voiding alterations to your steering wheel. Simply clean the area with the included alcohol pads to remove dirt and oil to ensure a lasting grip for the self adheisive strips. No more missing gears in those tricky corners!
I have a DFGT and learned to drive with the shifter

(bcz of the same problem)
Will these work for a DFP?
Quote from shaun463 :Will these work for a DFP?

keep in mind that dfp is a smaller wheel, the paddles might come well out the wheel radius
Dfp
I'm not sure if they will work on the DFP wheel, but they do set inside the DFGT so maybe.
Quote from cargame.nl :I have a DFGT and learned to drive with the shifter

(bcz of the same problem)

Yeah my paddles on the back stopped working so switched to shifter.

Turned out I was quicker with the shifter so all good ;o
Dfgt

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG