The online racing simulator
You say "coming soon" does that mean within a week or not known till it's ready.
I have an idea. Let's read the title, but not the post.
Quote from Jason1984 :You say "coming soon" does that mean within a week or not known till it's ready.

If all goes well, it should be possible to release this as a test patch within one to two weeks.

read the 1. post
Quote from GP4Flo :Yes please! Some retro tracks without chicanes would be cool.

Yes, I agree with that. Make the barriers optional
Also Scawen, will "drive anywhere" also work for blackwood carpark ?
Will you remove the red and white barriers so it can lead us to the carpark?

Also the Autocross track, Im sure the road between Autocross, skidpad and drag would work.
Great news. I was actually looking for an online racinggame again to play and it might as well be LFS. Great the collisions are improved and the open tracks are great news for the cruisers.
Quote from Scawen :I'll look into this today, and implement it if it is compatible. I am sure that "never" should not exclude blown tyres being changed. So "never" really means "only if blown".

Well, these kind of situations seldom happen but it's been known to happen to a team in endurance racing to run out of fuel in the last corner or so, coast down to the pitlane and blow one of the front tires while stopping in the pit box. Once this even happened on the very last lap of the race, so the team just needed 1 % fuel in and no tire change (because the car only needed to make it a few meteres down the pitlane). Tire change in that situation costs 16 sec (4 per corner), so even with changing only the blown tire it's still 4 sec lost.

I know the chances of this occuring many times are really slim, but "never" should mean never. However, for testing purposes and excluding this one scenario, changing only blown tires would more than suffice.
In a real race, wouldn't it be illegal to send a car out of the pit box with a blown tyre anyway? You'd be forced to change it or be disqualified.
Quote from paraDiso :Two years late.

where's your sim game? They never said they were making open configs at all tbh
Whilst we're on about opening FE and BL, is the same going to happen at SO?

There's one I would like to see opened, but it's not part of any config so not sure whether it will be or not. There's an off ramp part way down the straight on SO Long before the last tight corner. That would lead into downhill braking into a tight corner which looks fun and would also cut down the length of the first and espcially final "straights", cutting average speed and making it a bit more Monaco-esque.
Quote from Scawen :I'll look into this today, and implement it if it is compatible. I am sure that "never" should not exclude blown tyres being changed. So "never" really means "only if blown".

Is it possible to add a switch to disable tyre reset (temps & wear) in case of car reset? The purpose is to save time when you made mistake in practising long stint.
Great News ! thx LFS Dev's
Quote from tristancliffe :In a real race, wouldn't it be illegal to send a car out of the pit box with a blown tyre anyway? You'd be forced to change it or be disqualified.

The car wouldn't even leave the pitlane, it'd just cross the line. You're argument being invalid as soon as you mentioned "real race" :P Many things that happen in LFS would end your race in real life.
Quote from scipy :The car wouldn't even leave the pitlane, it'd just cross the line. You're argument being invalid as soon as you mentioned "real race" :P Many things that happen in LFS would end your race in real life.

I've seen many races where blown tyres have been simply just changed. Except if a blown tyre damaged a vital part of the body in the process(like M.Schumacher in Suzuka 1998)
Sound good, I'm looking forward to it. With the open track configuration we can make a lot of new combo's.
Well, surely we ought to aim towards realism where it isn't silly to do so (e.g. realistic repair times in the paddock). A racing organisation wouldn't allow a car to be released by the pitcrew, even 'just down the pitlane' on a blown tyre.

I think the argument about real life makes it more valid, not less, in this instance.
Quote from tristancliffe :In a real race, wouldn't it be illegal to send a car out of the pit box with a blown tyre anyway? You'd be forced to change it or be disqualified.

Yea, either that or get a black flag orange dot jobby.

Plus as you said, neither driver or team would want to destroy a rim like that unless if it was the last lap, last corner or something.
Quote from tristancliffe :(e.g. realistic repair times in the paddock)

That! I hate it how you can crash up your car, manage just barely to drive it back to the pits and get it repaired in few minutes or even less.
If you we're wathing 24h Le Mans 2010, where Fisichella I belive just "slightly" crashed his Ferrari with "only" frontal damage, suspension and anything drive related relatively ok, and it took the team a few LAPS! to repair that damage.

Foundz ze video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDwoyemYlH4
A comment actually says, brakes failure. So repair time was also quick i think
Thanks for this patch..

Just a little suggestion, I think very very easy to implement.

Actually, if you are driving FOX with R2 Tyres, if you want to change to R3, the repair option turn automatly to yes.

That´s not good.. I just want my car with R3, no repair needed, so, why force to repair?

Thanks in advance.
Great news Scawen, can't wait to test this! Seen some awesome features in it
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG