The online racing simulator
Urgent Question to the Devs - A friend I.P. banned from LFS!
Dear Devs,

As all of us know, Messy/AMB/WhoKnew/etc.. has done a lot of shit. He is the son Allan known as alcat54.

A man at pretty old age and a good friend of Dave/g7usl and me. We have been racing together for years. Back in the Bi-Weekly BF1 Series, and nowadays on other series.

Allan even runs his own LFS racing series, and sometimes AMB attends to one of these races.

Now yesterday nor Allan nor his son Matthew/AMB, could connect to LFS. And it seems as Victor has banned AMB's I.P. but with that took Allan's chance away to drive in LFS.

It can be that his son has been immature, Allan does NOT deserve this.

Please Victor sort this out, cause I don't think it's honest to keep a good old man from his hobby!

Kind Regards,
Walter
Why did you make a topic on here, instead of contacting them? Why do we all have to read this?
He shouldn't have let his 'son' cause the 'shit' in the first place.
To be fair I agree with Tristan. I speak with AMB on MSN from time to time and sometimes he's OK, othertimes he's a complete arse.

Banning by IP is very crude these days anyway. Most are dynamic so you just need to switch off your router/central server (depends on how fancy your home network is) for about 10 minutes and then switch it back on. I would presume the devs don't need me to tell them how to do their job but MAC address filtering could be done fairly easily and yes, while this can be changed with freely downloadable programs, you could also (if you so desired) ban by a list of all MAC addresses which are distrubuted through this program (many are of large cooporations to, I presume, bypass any of their MAC filtering).

But anyway, I digress. If this Allard guy is such a decent chap then he should have atleast had a fatherly talk with his son and discouraged this sort of behaviour. AMB had been banned on all of his accounts and from what I understand was told that if he bought more they would be banned also. So it seems justice may have been served?

My :twocents:
Tough, kids shouldn't think that they can do whatever they want without there being any repercussions.
#7 - g7usl
Quote from Bose321 :Why did you make a topic on here, instead of contacting them? Why do we all have to read this?

You don't have to read anything you don't want to. It was your choice to be nosy.
#8 - g7usl
Quote from tristancliffe :He shouldn't have let his 'son' cause the 'shit' in the first place.

Oh, so you think that he should stand over him every minute of the day then?

get a life dude
Quote from g7usl :You don't have to read anything you don't want to. It was your choice to be nosy.

Great attitude... You can then share naked photos of your... something... we won`t be nosy and look at them....

Your post should have been sent directly to Victor... not here... this is forum, we are all nosy...
Quote from g7usl :Oh, so you think that he should stand over him every minute of the day then?

get a life dude

I have a life thanks.

Clearly he's brought his son up badly. Can't be a good father.
This is rather amusing.

I presume that the father is the account holder with the ISP, so it is his responsibility to ensure that anyone using that connection doesn't use it for any malicious activities.

He has failed to do this and the IP address has been banned from LFS, both in game and the forum by the sounds of it.

He is lucky that the IP was not submitted to a global anti-spam blacklist TBH, which could well have blocked access to a lot of forums from that IP.
Quote from rockclan :whine

don't care, that jerk has harassed the forum for months, if not years. good riddance.
What AMB has done is not acceptable. and the most recent thing he has done (according to the evidence in Victors possesion) is clearly illegal across most of the globe.

Unfortunately when one member of a household acts in such a way that it compromises the integrity of LFS and its forums / Services. action such as this has to be taken
Anyway, Communications between all parties have begun and im sure the situation will be rectified. Although i do not know which way it will eventually go.
What was the most recent thing he has done?

Globally illegal sounds very mysterious.

AMB would probably tell me later so if you tell me now it won't matter.
Well although it appears clear that AMB has done this, as he has denied it and currently AMB, his dad and victor are all in communication straightening things out, I dont want to say, just on the off chance that he can prove himself innocent. So it would be unfair to brandish somebody for this until the outcome is clear.

I'll close this thread now, as its being dealt with privately.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG