The online racing simulator
WRC season inconsistencies
(7 posts, started )
I just noticed how much the WRC schedule changes year to year... No more Cyprus, back in Australia this season instead of New Zealand, etc...

Is there some kind of event cap on the season to prevent several rallies or something? Why do rallies bounce on and off the schedule so much from year to year?
They came up with this "round rotation" system in 2009. It's supposed to affect all rallies but some mainstay rallies are obviously little bit more secured than others.
Is that an effort to keep the number of rounds down to keep season costs down?

There's some rallies that should be there every season; Sweden, Finland, Australia, Germany, France...
Maybe, iirc some countries do not want to organize a rally every year.
Quote from deggis :Maybe, iirc some countries do not want to organize a rally every year.

Damn.. I'd love a more extensive schedule... I can't get enough of it, tbh. I'm always wanting to watch more. I've really taken to it again in the last couple years.
Quote :The FIA has confirmed the calendar for next year's World Rally Championship - as predicted by AUTOSPORT last month.

The 12 countries included in the 2012 schedule are: Abu Dhabi, Argentina, Finland, France, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Norway.

As expected, Argentina and Great Britain are asterixed on the list with the caveats: 'Subject to confirmation and approval of the Event Business Plan [Rally GB] and format [Argetina].'

Argentina is to run a long-distance event, which is rumoured to be going into Uruguay.

New Zealand is expected to rotate with Australia and Abu Dhabi will replace Jordan.

The dates for the events are being worked on currently, considering logistical issues while trying to avoid any clashes with Formula 1.

Source
Argentina is to run a long-distance event, which is rumoured to be going into Uruguay.

Woohoo.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG