The online racing simulator
Virtual Dub
(24 posts, started )
Virtual Dub
I'm gonna download Virtual Dub. Do you have to pay or is it like LFS and Fraps where you can buy a license if you want.
#2 - OPK
Isn´t it free?

I can be wrong, though.
I think it's free.
yeah its free GNU license is just that. Open source and free - however you can donate if you like, which is a good idea if you use it all the time, only fair.
#5 - joen
Yes it is

edit: should have refreshed the page first :P
Free as in beer and speech

Edit: Damn I'm really slow tonight
Cool. Thanks guys. Gonna download it then.
a) off-topic
b) if you'd just downloaded it, you would have found out
c) virtualdub is great, especially 1.3c which still has asf/wmv support (although the program lacked a lot of features back then)
Quote from Bob Smith :a) off-topic

The name's Evil..Dr Bob Evil?
I don't know how to use it. Can anyone tell me.
Depends on what you want to do. Primarily I use it, or used it, to convert between encoded types rather than editing directly, as it can be rather limited.
I dont even know what it's for. I thought people said they used it for recording sound.
Jesus christ.
Quote from the_angry_angel :The name's Evil..Dr Bob Evil?

Wouldn't it actualyl be Dr. Dougie Powers... :O
Quote from nutty boy :I dont even know what it's for. I thought people said they used it for recording sound.

if you need to record sound maybe you'd better use Audacity (http://audacity.sf.net) wich is open source too.
Virtualdub as also nandub are use for video encoding/conversion or even for cam recording, nandub especially is also very suitable for lossless videocutting/merging they have also some basic filters to apply to the video streams.

hope it helps
#16 - avih
the best open source video editor out there (jakarta might be an interesting project, but vdub is so much more mature). as mentioned, 1.3c can open asf, but the latest versions are amazing at capture and managing sync issues. highly recommended.
Virtual Dub is a good app, especially if you need to make a VCD out of a DVD sized file, and need to divide it in half, it works well.
Quote from bahrain :Jesus christ.

Copy that.
And who said the UK's educational system is failing British youth?
#20 - Gunn
Heh, it's a good idea to find out what something is before getting excited about it.
#21 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :I dont even know what it's for. I thought people said they used it for recording sound.

not quite!
#22 - Gunn
Audacity is a handy audio recording/editing program. It is open source, available for popular operating systems and free.
I don't know how anyone uses Vdub without AVIsynth! You should get avisynth, it lets you do lots of stuff like multiple clips.
OK well thanks for all the useful comments some guys gave. I think we know who didn't. I'll download Audicity later.

Virtual Dub
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG