The online racing simulator
AS5 car sinking / hovering
(7 posts, started )
This is a little bug I came across. There is a small concrete section next to the road on one of the AS5 (along with more tracks) on which you sink into the road/hovers above it. I'm guessing it wouldn't be very hard just aligning the bounding box with the rendered ground. I knew it was there since a time back and now when I was making a layout I realized how deep you actually sink and how high you actually hover.

Position

Glitches

It doesn't really affect the driving on this layout rather than looking / feeling weird.
Not new, if Im honest. This happens in several places in several tracks where you are off-track
Quote from Whiskey :Not new, if Im honest. This happens in several places in several tracks where you are off-track

All the more reason to take a look at it, right?
Not new at all. thats all track bugs in LFS some collisions of LFS tracks aren't really done or they don't put a collisions in there b'cuz its not really necessary area and if for cruise then its yes more likely
That happens at Fern Bay too. At that beach kind of place, a little offroading spot.
Quote from skywatcher122 :Not new at all. thats all track bugs in LFS some collisions of LFS tracks aren't really done or they don't put a collisions in there b'cuz its not really necessary area and if for cruise then its yes more likely

There are two layers of track. One that you can actually see and on the other one all the physic calculation are made. On the layer you can see, they can´t make a lot of details but on the one on that the physics get calculated they can have much much more details. (Why they don´t just raise the physic layer up to match the other one because it doesn´t matter on that place, I don´t know).

Hope that makes sense and is correct^^^^

I think Scawen said that somewhere.
Quote from John5200 :There are two layers of track. One that you can actually see and on the other one all the physic calculation are made. On the layer you can see, they can´t make a lot of details but on the one on that the physics get calculated they can have much much more details. (Why they don´t just raise the physic layer up to match the other one because it doesn´t matter on that place, I don´t know).

Hope that makes sense and is correct^^^^

I think Scawen said that somewhere.

Mh, and that layer in which the physics are calculated is what I meant by bounding box.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG