The online racing simulator
Quote from dadge :LFSworld shows the last time you were on a server was 2008. if only you were as eager to race as you are to moan... looking at your stats, you've hardly played LFS. since LFS Desktop began, this is what you've got under your belt.
Last race information: (16:25 - 04 Jul '08)
Travelled distance: 7552 Ml
Fuel burnt: 5227 Ltr
Laps: 2759
Hosts joined: 254
Races won: 52
Second: 66
Third: 73
Finished: 408

if only Rfactor servers had users like you, the servers would be empty, but the forum would be full.

Yep that's right, haven't played online since AU LFS scene took a nose dive. I now only play at LANs.

Since you are so keen to judge other LFS users online participation, perhaps you would enlighten us to what the threshold is that you deem acceptable to "moan"?

Quote from dadge :one thing i've noticed is that if you don't claim LFS to be dead, then you're labelled a fanboy.

You can't have it both ways. Either you a moaner or a fanboy. No fence sitting. Sorry that's the rules.
Quote from farcar :What I find funny is the assumption that if you're not playing on line, then you're not playing.

Agreed.

Personally LFS competitions at LANs with a live TV projected for others to view and where drivers can interact beats online any day. It's amazing how clean driver race when you are in punching distance.
Quote from Macfox :Yep that's right, haven't played online since AU LFS scene took a nose dive. I now only play at LANs.

that only explains the past 3 years. but the numbers on your profile would say you were a well below casual user. i mean, you only finished 408 races in the time from the launch of S2 (LFS Desktop(2005)) and 04 Jul '08. that's about 136 races per year. that breaks down to you finishing 1 race every 2.7 days for 3 years.
now that's keen.
Quote from Macfox : Since you are so keen to judge other LFS users online participation, perhaps you would enlighten us to what the threshold is that you deem acceptable to "moan"?

so it's ok for you to tell the devs how to do their job. but when someone tells you to do something, there's a problem. one post isn't an indication on my keenness either. it wasn't a judgement either. it was a simple observation i made.
there is no threshold, but if you're going to bitch about something, the least you can do is use more than 10% of it's potential before you do.
If you consider racing a hobby, then participating in one race every 2.7 days is actually quite a lot of racing. LFS being a sim on a home PC is just a convenience, so racing much more than one race per 2.7 days is rather obsessive. Maybe obsessiveness is why this community goes apeshit over LFS development. Although I am one to be counted as obsessive over LFS.
Quote from legoflamb :If you consider racing a hobby, then participating in one race every 2.7 days is actually quite a lot of racing. LFS being a sim on a home PC is just a convenience, so racing much more than one race per 2.7 days is rather obsessive. Maybe obsessiveness is why this community goes apeshit over LFS development.

sorry dude, i don't buy that one bit.
This is the net, you don't have to
your post was based on nothing but assumptions. hence me not buying it. it has nothing to do with the "net".
Quote from dadge :that only explains the past 3 years. but the numbers on your profile would say you were a well below casual user. i mean, you only finished 408 races in the time from the launch of S2 (LFS Desktop(2005)) and 04 Jul '08. that's about 136 races per year. that breaks down to you finishing 1 race every 2.7 days for 3 years.
now that's keen.
so it's ok for you to tell the devs how to do their job. but when someone tells you to do something, there's a problem. one post isn't an indication on my keenness either. it wasn't a judgement either. it was a simple observation i made.
there is no threshold, but if you're going to bitch about something, the least you can do is use more than 10% of it's potential before you do.

Judgement or observation, it really doesn't matter. It comes off as cheap talk.

You assuming everyone plays on line and ignores other factors (which might not be as obvious to EU based players), but don't let that get in the way of discrediting anyone that dares to disagree with you PoV.

Quote from dadge :your post was based on nothing but assumptions.

The irony is sting my eyes.... LOL!
Quote from Macfox : Judgement or observation, it really doesn't matter. It comes off as cheap talk.

you say that as if you have experience in that department...
Quote from Macfox : You assuming everyone plays on line and ignore other factors (which might not be as obvious to EU based players),

was that a widespread cheap ass dig at Europeans?
Quote from Macfox : but don't let that get in the way of discrediting anyone that dares to disagree with you PoV.

careful when you point the finger buddy, there's another three pointing right back from the same hand. was your post about me or about you?
Quote from Macfox :The irony is sting my eyes.... LOL!

shhh now. my post had facts. remember i looked at your profile. unlike your post which was just verbal diarrhoea. could you maybe chill out a bit before you post? you're starting to skip syllables when you type.
Quote from dadge :vomit

The point is that people can enjoy LFS however the hell they want, and still have opinions.

Your argument is futile. I think you realise this too, because your most recent semi-literate diatribe completely dodges all points made.
And another one having the highest word online but does so called offline racing;

Last race information: (14:08 - 10 Jul '09)Host:LR|Race Center 1

Laps: 1508

Dream on.

The ones with the biggest mouth here never race anymore. Pathetic.

You can't take those people serious and that's why this whole thread is a bit useless.

Quote from farcar :can enjoy LFS however the hell they want, and still have opinions.

Quote from farcar :
I think you realise this too, because your most recent semi-literate diatribe completely dodges all points made.

Hahaha, go and take a good look in the mirror.

"Offline racer."

I tell you one thing, you as offline racer (coughs) does not make the community, at all. If there where no regular online racers LFS would be completely dead.

Quote from farcar :... because your most recent semi-literate diatribe completely dodges all points made.

Nope, they still stand
If you take a minute to read some of farcar's past posts you'd see he isn't the stereo type you've label him as.
selective reading at its best.
Quote from farcar :
Your argument is futile. I think you realise this too, because your most recent semi-literate diatribe completely dodges all points made.

my point still stands. i even provided info from lfs desktop to show how (in)active the biggest moaner in this forum actually is. i made no assumptions what so ever. unlike you and your Macfox buddy.
Quote from dadge :hurl

Quote from cargame.nl :blurt

You guys still cant argue against the fact that people can enjoy LFS however they want. And there's nothing you can do about it.

I could race online, offline, on a LAN. I could play for 10 hours a week or 30 minutes.
Hell, I could just launch it and stare at the menu screen if I wanted to.
What are you going to do about it?

For the record:
I still regularly enjoy LFS.
I've done waaay more online racing than my stats show.
Me and Macfox are sparring partners from way back.

I'm amused how some people here think they know it all about others, when they obviously don't know jack.
i agree, but it looks like Macfox gets enjoyment out of telling the devs how to do their job. Macfox has already said his activity dropped to mostly playing on a LAN when the Aussie scene faded. so we don't need to think anything about his activity because he's already told us.
try to keep up. i'm loving how the layout of your posts look more and more like a poem the more you get your budgie smugglers in a twist.
and who exactly is Jack?
Chill out. If you have something more credible to add to the original argument, then make your point.

People are entitled to present their view on LFS. If you don't agree fine, but trying to somehow discredit others whom you disagree with, by making obvious assumptions and judgements on their playing habits doesn't help your cause.
Quote from Macfox :Chill out. If you have something more credible to add to the original argument, then make your point.

People are entitled to present their view on LFS. If you don't agree fine, but trying to somehow discredit others whom you disagree with, by making obvious assumptions and judgements on their playing habits doesn't help your cause.

yeah, you tried that one earlier dude. it didn't work then, and it isn't working now.
my point back then and still now is that for the amount of bitching you do, people would be lead to believe you play LFS every day. when in fact (as shown on your LFS Desktop stats) since S2 was released, you've only finished 1 race every 2.6 days. how much more credible do you want? they're your stats. so again, i made no assumptions (a word you seem to like) no matter how obvious you claim them to be.
my comment about selective reading is only strengthened by the apparent blindness you seem to suffer from. i've noticed that this only happens after you post though. but it tends to go away just before you post.

EDIT: long story short, you're asking for more when you've done so little.
You have some wild imagination.

If you think that I've been telling the devs how to do their job, that's you're opinion and I'm fine with that. Doesn't worry me the slightest.

Live in your little fantasy world, pretending to know everyone's private playing habits, if it helps you sleep better at night.
Quote from Macfox :You have some wild imagination.

If you think that I've been telling the devs how to do their job, that's you're opinion and I'm fine with that. Doesn't worry me the slightest.

lol, your last ~6 posts tell a different story. but i guess that's the difference between 6 posts before a bong and 1 post after.
EDIT: but back to my point. would you say it's valid? would you say that for someone who is asking for more to be added to LFS, you've done very little in terms of combo's? in your 8 years of LFS, you've barely scratched the surface imo. i've been playing LFS for more or less the same amount of time. there isn't a combo i'm not willing to give a go. how do you know you don't like something if you've never tried it?

Quote from Macfox :Live in your little fantasy world, pretending to know everyone's private playing habits, if it helps you sleep better at night.

nice ninja edit!

last time i checked, LFS was virtual so you're right, it is a fantasy world in a way. how am i pretending to know your playing habits? i got the info from YOUR LFS profile. your playing habits are private, you're right. because you've not played online in 3 years! you can get much more private. i've never lost or gained sleep due to LFS so i don't think your last statement will come good.
dude, if you don't edit your post, i won't have to edit mine. come on now, keep the flow.
I just love your imaginary link between online activity and credibility on the forums. Keep the laughs coming!
luckily i don't find your posts to carry much weight so i tend to skim through your stuff. but what i got from that post was that you just keep coming.
Quote from farcar :I just love your imaginary link between online activity and credibility on the forums. Keep the laughs coming!

i marked it in the quote in case you forgot what you said.
Quote from CodieMorgan :OH MY GOD.... another idiot.

OH MY GOD.. I have nothing smarter to say, so I go insult people because I'm loyal fanboi.
Quote from dadge :luckily i don't find your posts to carry much weight so i tend to skim through your stuff. but what i got from that post was that you just keep coming.

i marked it in the quote in case you forgot what you said.

Thank you for so perfectly illustrating my point about credibility .
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG