The online racing simulator
Connection lost somehow.
(6 posts, started )
Connection lost somehow.
Hi everyone.

I've driven on the [WKD] Cruise Server basically all day yesterday, and sometimes I'm losing connection in somehow.

I know it's not my own internet connection, because on playing in a window, and can therefore see the Connection-tool in the menu-bar.

Just yesterday, I've lost connection 6-7 times, 2 of them in the middle of a cop-pursuit.

This is really annoying, so I wondered if someone could help me.

PLEASE!!!

BTW: I've not played today, because I'm stuck in school for a while. But anyhow, please help me out here.
Did it just start to happen yesterday or does it happen randomly before now?

What do you mean by the "connection-tool in the menu-bar"? The lag-bars thats shown by default on the bottom left of the screen when you connect to a server?

Are you using a wireless connection?

And the next time it happens, try a ping test and see if you have high(er) packet loss - http://www.pingtest.net/

Might be worth to find out where the WKD sever is hosted and then ping a server in pingtest.net that is closed to that region (i.e. if WKD is hosted in the UK, use a UK host in pingtest).

When you get your results, have a look in http://www.pingtest.net/learn.php#grade.
Sometimes when the server(s) get overloaded with drivers, the server cant handle all of the connections. If some person with a high ping or a bad connection joins the server, i can sometimes cause people to lose connection or many people at once. It happens on most servers.

Hope this helps
Thats correct. Has something to do with TCP overload, primarily caused by generating too much InSim information by the server.

But this server comm overload is temporarily and in a lot of cases it completely crashes LFS.exe on the client side, not only a dropped connection.

Scawen might fix this in 2016

But it sounds that something different is going on here
Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

And by the way, I have found out. I guess it was the server overloaded.
hi
i tried ping test here

my results are
Reply from 209.85.231.104: bytes=32 time=208ms TTL=50
Reply from 209.85.231.104: bytes=32 time=215ms TTL=50
Ping statistics for 209.85.231.104:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 208ms, Maximum = 215ms, Average = 209ms

Connection lost somehow.