The online racing simulator
Initial MRT
(12 posts, started )
#1 - TiJay
Initial MRT
After acquiring a copy of Sony Vegas and preferring it to Premiere, I created this little homage to the most underrated vehicle in the sim- the MRT. This video was mainly a test of what I could do with Vegas, and I feel I might have over-stylised it a bit instead of just stylised. All comments, good and bad are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL1BkPQk7N8
#2 - joen
Yes, I think it's overstyled. It really obscures what the video should be all about, the MRT But, I can tell you put a lot of effort in the camera angles, which are quite good and varied. So, turn down the effects knob and it could come out really good

Didn't like the music, but that's a matter of personal taste
#3 - TiJay
Thanks, I thought that was the case.

I am proud of the camera angles and I'm glad someone appreciated them. Next time I'm going to try to stay away from "impossible" angles and create good realistic angles instead.

The music was the intro to Initial D 4th Stage and ID music really is like Marmite- you either love it or hate it.
#4 - joen
Well, personally I don't have a problem with impossible angles. It's all a question of what kind of video you want to create. If you're making a video that's meant to give a nice coverage of a league race for instance then realistic angles are better imo. But if you just want to give a nice flashy presentation of a car for instance then it's not a problem I think.
#5 - TiJay
I agree. I'm going with a film-trailer feel next time = realistic angles.
#6 - Smax
Your camera angles and cuts are nothing short of excellent, they make your clip watchable, and much more interesting to me than sterotypical motorsport trackside shots.

However I dislike the lens blur effect that just won't go away, and your choice of music doesn't fit my taste either. You should ignore the last point, cos whatI like musicwise probably isn't what you like.

I'd like to see you render that out again without the lens blur effect and re-post it so that I can have a proper look.

In this clip you're telling me about the car, not about an event, therefore I think your camera work is stylistically "correct"

If you wanted to tell me the story of a particular race, then your clip would be in the "wrong" style, but you're not...
#7 - TiJay
Thanks for your comments Smax, especially the one about the angles I'll render it again if I can remember what I did with the .veg file
#8 - S0ul
really nice camera..but the effects make me kinda dizzy^^
still,keep uo the good work!
#9 - TiJay
Heheh thanks
#10 - Vain
The camera-angles were absolutely great!
Keep it up!

Vain
Quote from Spangler :Hey, nice movie, can u upload it somewhere, where we can download it ? pls

Er, http://www.keepvid.com
Thanks Vain and Spangler!

And avellis for that useful link ofcourse.

Initial MRT
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG